M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
there's guys that run a 160 on the front. I've also read someone was interested on running a 170.
huge discussion on here about the 160.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Are you certain about the 130mm. I measured and it appeared to have plenty of space to handle the 140mm Metzler ME 880? Metzler states that the tire will fit on rims from 3.0 - 4.5 inches and the M90 front rim is approximatly 3.5 to 3.75 inches.

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK, well I think Im going try to make it work. By my calculations the 140/70 tire is 1.1 inches (0.55 inches on each side) taller then the stock 120/70. Currently I have about 1.25 inches of clearance between the top of the tire and the fender. this should leave me aprox 0.70 inches of clearance. Worst case I will send it back or adjust the fender slightly.

Has anyone that you know of actually tried it?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Maybe some type of extensions for the front fender to raise it a bit may work, otherwise it's going to be too tight and if you get a rock caught in one of the treads it'll tear apart your fender.

·
Registered
820 Posts
140 M90 Front Tire

Were you able to get the 140 mounted? How would you get the added space to bump up the fender half an inch?

·
Registered
33 Posts
140 front tire

I ran a 140 up front and pulled the fender up as much as possible using the stock hardware and melted my front fender. It's in the garage under a cover until the new fender comes in.... shm.

·
Registered
157 Posts
St. Louis, snow melt and rain yesterday morning. I went for a ride and as I crossed over a crack-fill (tar line) the front of the bike slipped. The front tire has about 12K miles on it and is due. I ordered a new tire as soon as I got home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts