M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one had any problem with the front tire wearing hard on one side. Iv already checked the bearings and all seems fine. could it just be the crapp tires they put on the bike to get it out of the showroom .got a big hole in the back tire 230 mile after getting it replaced it with a 260 metzeler much better tire sticks like glue. any thoughts guy's

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had the bike 34 day and have 2190 on it. standing in front of the bike the left side is smooth and flat but the right side is cupping in between the tread marks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks for the reply but i think i have found the answer to my own question. i found a thread from hal that say it all.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
is that due to the road or the bike?
I think what you are seeing is a front tire chicken strip :D :joke: I have 2600 miles and my front tire is wearing evenly.

Sledzep

·
Registered
703 Posts
Chicken strips???? If I ever change my tires and I have chicken strips on them I feel like I haven`t been riding my bike hard enough. I guess that just go back to the GSXR track days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hal said that people riding on the right side of the road wear the left side of the tire more. and people who ride on the left side of the road wear out the right side more. because of the crowning they put on the road for water run off. i run the bike 80 mile round trip to work and back on the highway at 80 . this is the second 109 i have had and i don't remember seeing this problem with the first one. but i have also noted that the factory tires are crapp. buy the way has anyone else had the risers drilled wrong so that the handle bars sit high on the left side and low on the right. I am trying to get the factory to replace the risers but there being slow and stubborn about it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts