M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding the Kury 4710 Run,turn,stop unit. Now,I have been struggling to decide between the stock turn signals in the rear, at 24w and Haligen lights @20w or the LED lights (silver bullets) Visibility is my quest. Can anyone shed any light on the subject. Yes I have read about the difference between incandescent and halogen lights. The killer is that the large silver bullets are now 20w and $90.00 +++. In the front I am hoping to add 35w silver bullets (from Harley selection)

shift-red

·
Registered
600 Posts
I used these on the rear and they work great... :Click: http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=4491.msg60316#msg60316
These lights are pretty small but throw out some serious light.

I'm assuming, if you're going to use the stock rears, that you're thinking about the clear lenses and red LEDs? Those should be really bright :eek: There is a post floating around in here somewhere about using clear lenses and a red incandescent bulb (the ones that look like they've been dipped in chrome but shine red). The bulb melted the lens :confused:

·
Registered
164 Posts
shift-red said:
I am adding the Kury 4710 Run,turn,stop unit. Now,I have been struggling to decide between the stock turn signals in the rear, at 24w and Haligen lights @20w or the LED lights (silver bullets) Visibility is my quest.  Can anyone shed any light on the subject.  Yes I have read about the difference between incandescent and halogen lights.  The killer is that the large silver bullets are now 20w and $90.00 +++.  In the front I am hoping to add 35w silver bullets (from Harley selection)

I used the large Kury LEDS (#2368 and #2369) in front and back with the back mounted to the fender struts. I also went with the #4710 controller. I'm very pleased with it, very, very bright. The visibility is much improved (awesome at night) and the LEDS should last a lifetime.

shift-red

1 - 3 of 3 Posts