M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I replaced my rear signals with the Big Boy lights. I want to put on matching lights in the front. I noticed the holes for the stock lights are way too big to just replace them. (The stems from the big boys are narrower) I am looking for ideas to either plug the old holes... or something I could use to help me mount them in thr stock positions.. perhaps someone else has had theis problem and know a fix....?

·
Registered
52 Posts
How about a bushing (finding, making, or rigging) of some type? ::) Should be able to find some delrin, teflon, polypropylene (mcmaster carr) fairly cheap. Use some bar stock of the material and cut as needed then drill. Just a thought...... :bigthumbsup:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Someone on this board just encountered the same dilemma with the front signals. Their solution was to pull the rubber off the OEM signals and modify to accommodate the new signals. Not sure who it was, but they had some photos of the end result and it looked great.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Flem said:
How about a bushing (finding, making, or rigging) of some type? ::) Should be able to find some delrin, teflon, polypropylene (mcmaster carr) fairly cheap. Use some bar stock of the material and cut as needed then drill. Just a thought...... :bigthumbsup:
:bigthumbsup:Ace Hardware Stores usually have a great selection of bushings made from every material you can imagine. Check them out!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i used a chrome flat washer to cover the outside original hole and a stainless flat washer with lock washer on the inside. it works for me. i will post a picture when my daughter returns with my camera.

G

·
I took the stock front signals and cut the stems down so that they were flush with the ouside edge of the chrome housing. Now, keep in mind, depending on the lights you go with these directions can vary. I then drilled out the inside to accomadate the threaded bolt I installed inside the stem. Secured it all up and mounted it just like it is from stock. Just put some lock tite on the set screw on the bottom and on your other connections. I played with it for about 4-5 hours before I got it all together, but never thought in the midst of all of it to take pictures til I was all done (Duh).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used the Kurys Large LEDs to replace the originalsadn covered the large original holes with chrome flat washers from the local Ace hardware. These were a pain to install but I like them significantly better than the originals. IMO :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was looking for some chrome washers today... couldn't find any in my little town.. ::) I iwll have to check the bigger hardware stores... thanks for the advice so far guys....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts