M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bach a few years ago , a few Guys complained about the front turn signal screw backing out and allowing the whole thing to dangle by the wiring , a friend was changing his frt turn signals and i thought it wouldnt be a big deal ,BUT THOSE SCREWS ARE TIGHT, and i ddint see any locktight !!
We ended up Having to nearly Remove the Head light support skeleton and Drill out the D**m things!

Any one else have this problem ?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,949 Posts
Yup, I did. I replaced my front perch with the Rivco signal relocator, but it took a hand impact wrench to get one of those screws loose. The other came out with normal force.

I was pushing down on the top of the perch and pulling the impact wrench up tight against the screw while my wife walloped the wrench with a hammer, just so I wouldn't damage the perch. Trusting person, aren't I? :D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Bach a few years ago , a few Guys complained about the front turn signal screw backing out and allowing the whole thing to dangle by the wiring , a friend was changing his frt turn signals and i thought it wouldnt be a big deal ,BUT THOSE SCREWS ARE TIGHT, and i ddint see any locktight !!
We ended up Having to nearly Remove the Head light support skeleton and Drill out the D**m things!

Any one else have this problem ?
Nope, Mine rattled loose all by their selves, LOL

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was my bike I might have tryed the impact driver, but I was scared to take the chance on a friends bike
The screws are a very soft alloy but the extractor I broke in the first side put a wrench in my monkey plans. I ended up using a dremel and cut the head off, and simply drill out the other side

I wish your wife was there Zoom :joke:

And yea Memo, thus used to be a common problem, not this time :verymad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts