M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tank seem is filled on the tank and all the body parts have been primmed and the graphics shouldn't be too far off. My front wheel is done now (Thanks Rob) and as soon as I get the bike back I can finish up all the detail work. This bike should really look sweet when I'm done. I have one magazine that already wants to shoot it. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
That looks like the wheel that needs to be on my bike for Daytona. After all you don't even have a bike right now. LOL.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HalGreenlee said:
That looks like the wheel that needs to be on my bike for Daytona. After all you don't even have a bike right now. LOL.
I'm the kind of friend that would let you have my wheel for Daytona, seeing you already have my rear wheel. ;)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hey Lamont, what's different with that one over the stock one... other than it being polished?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Medic1210 said:
Hey Lamont, what's different with that one over the stock one... other than it being polished?
It's not cast and will match the rear perfectly. You could just polish out the stock wheel but this bike is going to be shown quite a bit and I wanted the same wheel front and rear. :doorag:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
just curious, but since you are replacing both the front and the rear, why not make them both custom rather than to look like the stock wheels?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlkM109r said:
just curious, but since you are replacing both the front and the rear, why not make them both custom rather than to look like the stock wheels?
Well I was going to go with a custom wheel but I really love the look of the Replicator wheel and it will be a good wheel to show off for the guys who just want to replace the rear and polish the front.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks really nice , Lamont. So those are cast aluminum and are polished? That rear looks brighter than the front ,is it just the pix? How much , if any ,weight difference? Also , do you know how much weight chroming adds to a wheel?

Sorry for the book of questions, just very interested.......thanks :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Shriker said:
Looks really nice , Lamont. So those are cast aluminum and are polished? That rear looks brighter than the front ,is it just the pix? How much , if any ,weight difference? Also , do you know how much weight chroming adds to a wheel?

Sorry for the book of questions, just very interested.......thanks :bigthumbsup:
The wheel that Lamont is showing is a Forging not cast. After the "blank" wheel is forged it is then cut on a CNC machine to incorporate whatever design is chosen.

I would say that the weight added by chrome is not significant to worry about.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts