Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the front forks on the 9 a 56mm???
:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
Yes and no.
The tubes themselves are 46mm KYB cartridge units, but the outer housing is much larger. And it's different at different points. I measured mine with digital calipers when I was thinking about making a set of tube covers, and this is what I came up with.

At the upper triple clamp: 57mm
Between the upper and lower clamp: 55.5mm
At the lower triple clamp: 58.5mm
Between the lower triple clamp and fork bottom: 57.9mm
At the very bottom of the fork: 64.2mm

If you're looking for clamps that fit around them, pick the area you want to clamp to and get something that fits in that range. Most clamps for lights and such would need a 56mm or 57mm clamp.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes and no.
The tubes themselves are 46mm KYB cartridge units, but the outer housing is much larger. And it's different at different points. I measured mine with digital calipers when I was thinking about making a set of tube covers, and this is what I came up with.

At the upper triple clamp: 57mm
Between the upper and lower clamp: 55.5mm
At the lower triple clamp: 58.5mm
Between the lower triple clamp and fork bottom: 57.9mm
At the very bottom of the fork: 64.2mm

If you're looking for clamps that fit around them, pick the area you want to clamp to and get something that fits in that range. Most clamps for lights and such would need a 56mm or 57mm clamp.
ok thank you so much zoom

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I measure them and when I got different sizes I thought maybe I wasn't doin something right. I was well am going to try to make some chrome covers for my forks I'll see what I can come up with and then I will post some pics. Oo and by the way zoom I had to go to a .100 AL on that side tag mount because when I rode with the .063 it was just alittle bit to thin for me it just seemed to vibrate when I was riding I mean enough to hear it over my pipes lol but the .100 AL works great thanks for that tip bc I probably would not have been lookin and or listening to see if that the other one would hold up.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
Good luck finding some tubing that will fit. I found some chrome intake tubes for cars that were close, but not quite close enough. If you come up with something post back and let us know. I'm a cheap guy when it comes to those kind of parts. :D

Glad you got the tag mount changed before it broke too. I was kind of thinking the thin metal might vibrate a little and eventually crack. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts