M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't seem to be any service requirements in the provided manual for the front suspension. Even my bikes back in the seventies, R5F Yamaha, GT550K Suzuki, Yammy XT500's had specs. So why not these big weapons. I have nearly 60k Klms up and sort of think that something should be needed. I'd like to be able to pull something to bits on it! Has be pretty much service free, apart from usual to this date.

G

·
Sorry dude can't help about the forks but at 60k can i ask what repairs or not you have had to do (i know 60k is not a huge mileage but i am curious)cheers:beer3:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too much at all really. At 50k I replaced the engine mounts, wasn't critical but I figured that I may as well do the partial strip down and have a good look around. It was useful to find a few chaffing hoses and bits and pieces so as I can confidently carry on for the next 50k klm. I also checked the drive shaft for lube and applied a bit more to it. I replaced the clutch cable and tweaked adjustments on the throttle cables and all those little bits. The end result was that it felt like it was new again. You don't notice incremental changes in these things as a gradual deterioration, but when you fix 'em all up - what a difference! Fuel filter was another thing replaced. Did the number plate mount chop, the plastic was cracked through and about to give up, wasn't for cosmetics as I'm not too fussed about what others think of my ride, view over handle bars is more of a priority.

And thats about it!

Now about those All Blacks - I reckon the Wallabies will flog 'em!!:#1:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Rynosback or Seapup can help you with the front. They stiffened their up for better handling. changed oil and seals. Might shoot them a PM;):bigthumbsup:
(I'd tell ya but can't remember what mix of oils they said to use. With that kind of Kilos I'd probably change it.)

G

·
Not too much at all really. At 50k I replaced the engine mounts, wasn't critical but I figured that I may as well do the partial strip down and have a good look around. It was useful to find a few chaffing hoses and bits and pieces so as I can confidently carry on for the next 50k klm. I also checked the drive shaft for lube and applied a bit more to it. I replaced the clutch cable and tweaked adjustments on the throttle cables and all those little bits. The end result was that it felt like it was new again. You don't notice incremental changes in these things as a gradual deterioration, but when you fix 'em all up - what a difference! Fuel filter was another thing replaced. Did the number plate mount chop, the plastic was cracked through and about to give up, wasn't for cosmetics as I'm not too fussed about what others think of my ride, view over handle bars is more of a priority.

And thats about it!

Now about those All Blacks - I reckon the Wallabies will flog 'em!!:#1:
Awesome sounds good just as i would expect from a zook!
As for the All Blacks we tore the Springboks apart on Saturday night and you fellas are next!
I allways love an optimistic Aussie though it makes the victory sweeter!:a18:
Cheers Mate.!:beer2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts