M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that this should possibly be put on the maint. forum but here we go. I will be removing the triple trees and and disassembling the front forks for powder coating and anodizing to finish my black theme. I feel as though I understand the process pretty good but the manual recomends a few special tools and replacing the seals and bearings. The tools that the manual recomends are they really special or is a well established mechanics set enough to do the job. Should I just replace the bearings and seals for peace of mind I only have 10,000 on the bike.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
U will need the tool to take your front wheel off. The top steering stem nut is 30mm. I just put mine back together. I did the fork tubes, and chromed trees and risers. You will need a new lower bearing and dust shield for the steering stem (if you remove it). I did mine on my own, but I would recommend having an extra set of hands, it makes it easier. Good luck. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
forks

Thanks for the tip, did you need the fork special tool to remove the inner rod from the fork?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
you can make your own tool for the axle just go buy a bolt and a couple nuts that fit into the axle and wala you put the nuts on i tacked the nuts into place with a welder and there you go 1 axle nut tool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts