M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put new LED lights on my bike with Deverandsons help, actually, he did most of the work and did a great job. The problem I was having was trying to hide the wires from the lights that we put under the front fender. At first I zip tied them to the front brake lines and figured that it looked like :edit:, so I came up with another idea. I got 2 pieces of 1/4" steel braid line cut to 14" and ran the LED wires inside of the steel braid lines. They run along side of the brake lines. I think that it looks a lot better now.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
great idea and bike looks awesome :congrats:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I think it looks great :bigthumbsup: Where did you get the steel braided line from? is it coated so it isn't rubbing or scratching?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it looks great :bigthumbsup: Where did you get the steel braided line from? is it coated so it isn't rubbing or scratching?
I got the lines from a local distributor. They are not coated like the brake lines are but they are not close to rubbing on any parts.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Dang Dave that looks bad ass!!!!!! I need to get off my butt and get all my lights on! Mabey by the next kerrville ride :joke:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Boogey Lights - the best LED system out there!

Nothing new, Boogey Lights been doing it for years, got them on my bike - check em' out - Remote systems, 6 different colors.

http://www.boogey.com/

Front Wheel Wiring Kit with 6' Steel Braid

Front wheel wiring kit with 6' steel braid to cover black LED wire. Ideal for bikes with steel braided brake lines. Everything you need to extend the LED wire leads from the front wheel back to underneath the seat.
On-line Price: $22.47

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Where did you get the covers at?
Austin Distributing here in San Antonio. They specialize in hydraulics and accessories. Cost of the 2 lines was about $8.00. I've got around $75.00 total wrapped up in the Joe Florida Lights and the 2 steel braid covers.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
and that was my last led install EVER!!!! :D such a pain in the :edit:.

still looks really good dave, beats mine for sure :bow:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
and that was my last led install EVER!!!! :D such a pain in the :edit:.

still looks really good dave, beats mine for sure :bow:
It couldn't have been that bad. I didn't hear that many cuss words and I haven't found any of my tools out in the yard :D. You did a great job though. Thank you very much.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts