M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad::mad: I saw a 3 inches break in left side just in front of the 2 bolts that maintain the fender...

Did i received a stone? Is the poor quality of our roads here responsable? ( riding on a hole?) Cheap plastic part from Suzuki???

Of course is there a product usable for sticking it back ? My beauty is injured!!!

Or if i have to change does anybody has the part number??

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
:mad::mad: I saw a 3 inches break in left side just in front of the 2 bolts that maintain the fender...

Did i received a stone? Is the poor quality of our roads here responsable? ( riding on a hole?) Cheap plastic part from Suzuki???

Of course is there a product usable for sticking it back ? My beauty is injured!!!

Or if i have to change does anybody has the part number??

Thanks guys,
This is actually the first time I've heard of this except for when there's a hard smash through a pot hole, even then it's not that common. eBay is a great place to look as BlkM109R mentioned as well as Boulevard Suzuki parts:

New front fender in whatever colour your bike is for $129.63

http://www.boulevardsuzuki.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=1046054&category=Motorcycles&make=SUZUKI&year=2009&fveh=28500

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've got an orange one I can sell you for $60.00us It's got some road rash on the front edge. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
is there a chance you could have parked it somewhere and someone have backed into your bike without you knowing?

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Something must have hit it. No one has ever reported that it has broken for no reason before. If you look in my Bang for the Bucks mod thread, there are 5 places listed that you can buy that part online from.

Parts :
For seeing part explosions and for buying OE parts. they do not sell the parts at the same price , so I would look at them all.

1. Oneida Suzuki

2. Babbitts

3. Alpha Sports

4. Ron Ayers

5. Action Parts

·
Registered
976 Posts
For the record, I bought my fender, headlight cowl and air cleaner cover from Babbits. Good reliable service.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Those cheap plastic pieces arent so CHEAP!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot for your comments guys !

I'm thinking that somebody shoud have hited my beauty...at work, at gym?? I'm always parked in the center of my slot....

Thanks for the links, i'll get a new one

·
Registered
800 Posts
mine started to crack around the bolt holes and then eventually just broke with the bolt just hanging there.... Did manage to fix it my-self without getting a new fender... I think the same thing happened with a little extra unwanted presure from a spectator/Kid/Hardley owner.... I used Marine-TEX, filled in the whole entireley.. Shapped the hole with a Dremmel tool,and hole saw on my drill, back to stock form and then drilled were the bolt need to go after it hardened... Works and saved money.. Fender back on front were it belongs

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Where you'll run in to the big $ is getting it painted. Not sure what color you have but paint for the Red is crazy!

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For my 2010 black beauty, the Fender is BO from Suzuki Canada....dealer has to call it from Suziki Japan...mabe 2 weeks....It is not the same color code as 2009,2008 ,2007....bizz

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I pick one up on ebay for $25 shipped to have around for when the spirit moves me to start modding it.

Watch ebay, they come up frequently and if you shop, you can get a good price.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
mine started to crack around the bolt holes and then eventually just broke with the bolt just hanging there.... Did manage to fix it my-self without getting a new fender... I think the same thing happened with a little extra unwanted presure from a spectator/Kid/Hardley owner.... I used Marine-TEX, filled in the whole entireley.. Shapped the hole with a Dremmel tool,and hole saw on my drill, back to stock form and then drilled were the bolt need to go after it hardened... Works and saved money.. Fender back on front were it belongs
Nice one!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts