M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard this rattle while riding the other day and could not locate it.
I heard it again only worse tonight... ALL :yikes: the Hex screws on the right side are missing from the front fender :yikes: :yikes:
And I am just 3 days past getting my first service.....

While looking around I also found a loose/cross threaded screw on the right side near the triple tree!

Everyone should check theirs out if they hear something strange

Sledzep

·
Registered
209 Posts
That sucks hope you can get some new bolts fast.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sledzep do you have any luck, bike falling over, can't do burn-outs.....I can't remember everything. By the way, I was thinking of a name for my silver 09', "Hammer of the Gods". Whatch think?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I don't know how many of you guys have come off of v-twins but when you ride a twin you have to check your bolts all the time and locktight is your best friend. ::)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pizzmor said:
Sledzep do you have any luck, bike falling over, can't do burn-outs.....I can't remember everything. By the way, I was thinking of a name for my silver 09', "Hammer of the Gods". Whatch think?
That name would fit perfect!!! If only you had bought the Burple :evil:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Lamonster said:
I don't know how many of you guys have come off of v-twins but when you ride a twin you have to check your bolts all the time and locktight is your best friend. ::)
Good looking out............I'll be sure to keep this in mind :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
525 Posts
pizzmor's, right. You have the worst luck. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
sledzep01 said:
I heard this rattle while riding the other day and could not locate it.
I heard it again only worse tonight... ALL :yikes: the Hex screws on the right side are missing from the front fender :yikes: :yikes:
And I am just 3 days past getting my first service.....

While looking around I also found a loose/cross threaded screw on the right side near the triple tree!

Everyone should check theirs out if they hear something strange

Sledzep
One more reason to do your own service. GOD, why are the dealers so friggin' incompetent! Makes me want to open a dealer with top notch service dept. You'd making a killing once you built up a rep.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts