M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike has 280 miles on it and every now and then when i go over a small bump i can hear poping noise or something sounds lose around the front wheel. i have checked all my bolts for loseness and could not find anything lose. anyone have any ideas of what this could be?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I hear that noise once in a while . I think it is the kickstand moving a little . sounds like a little tapping or bump .

G

·
Bike has 280 miles on it and every now and then when i go over a small bump i can hear poping noise or something sounds lose around the front wheel. i have checked all my bolts for loseness and could not find anything lose. anyone have any ideas of what this could be?
Try tightening the front fender bolts and those amber reflectors by the forks (they just screw in and can be tightened by hand). Had the same noise a while back and all of the aforementioned bolts were quite loose. Tightened them up and haven't heard it since.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took the front reflectors off last night lol. and i checked the front fender bolts aswell. made that noise this morning on the way in, im thinking kickstand aswell. thanks guys

·
Registered
47 Posts
mine was making a rattle and it turned out to be a loose exhaust support mounting bolt....

Easiest way to find out to to start pushing/pulling thinks to see what you can make rattle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts