M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cruising along, the front brakes go chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp like a lil mouse. When I apply the brake ever so slightly the noise goes away. Anyone had this issue. Just started out of nowhere.:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
it's probably sand caught in between the rotor and the pad. You could cautiously spray them down with brake clean. I say cautiously, because that stuff will ruin paint.

-Josh

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Check to make sure you have not gotten any brake fluid on them, either while recently working on them or via a small leak.

Fluid on the pads can cause this symptom.

If it is a leak, you should be able to see dust collected around your banjo bolt.

The cure cost about $1.00 per side for new crush washers at the banjo bolt.

Be very careful with brake cleaner. Not only will it eat paint, but is does funky things to rubber as well.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nah, no leak. Bike only has 800 miles on it. I looked closely at it tonight while cleaning the wheels. Everything seems to be as it should.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
Mine did it for a couple hundred miles when new. I think they just need to get bedded in to stop.

I did a couple hard stops from low speed to expedite the process, and it must have worked because they quit chirping. Just be careful that you don't lock up the front and drop it, but you've ridden enough you know how to do it. :D

If that doesn't work, pull the pads off and put some disc brake quiet on the back of them.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine did it for a couple hundred miles when new. I think they just need to get bedded in to stop.

I did a couple hard stops from low speed to expedite the process, and it must have worked because they quit chirping. Just be careful that you don't lock up the front and drop it, but you've ridden enough you know how to do it. :D

If that doesn't work, pull the pads off and put some disc brake quiet on the back of them.
I talked to Harris tonight, he told me to do the same thing Mike. Thanks. I'll give it a try tomorrow. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts