M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my seats redone and had a backrest put into the passenger seat. What do you think? This is my 1st time trying to post pics so bear with me.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Just curious... how tall are you? Looks like you intentionally lost a little leg room. That looks like a quality job! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Toobin seats in York Pa. did then for me. He can do anything you want. Did all this for me for $400 which I thought was pretty good considering I got a custom front seat built to my specs and a back seat with a backrest that is adjustable to go in or out 1 inch. You can contact him at www.tobinseats.com By next friday the 18th he should have my bike on his web site. Any questions just click on his link.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am 5` 6" with really short legs. I had him build that back up for me. Now the bike fits me perfectly :bigthumbsup: He can give you more room, or do about anything you want. I don`t know if you can tell or not but the insides are carbon fibre. Looks great in person :doorag:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mack400 said:
That is really nice work. I like the backrest. Is it attached to the seat itself? And is this all 1 piece?  JOHN
Yes, it is attached to the bottom of the seat. It is 1 piece but can be romoved by 4 bolts. I will try to take some pics of the bottom of the seat real soon.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Ah yes, Tobin does some cool stuff. He's on the other side of town from the H-D factory. York is a cool place to ride. Not a very eclectic crowd though. :(

I thought about getting someone to customize my seat, but decided to go the Corbin route. Been buying from them since 1986 and their service, while very pricey, they're par to none. Ordered 6 days ago and got the FedEx shipment notice this morning.

Again, your seat mods are :2cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi members , My name is Tobin and we do custom seats. If i can help you with a look or a design, Please drop me a email. If sendind a seat go to my website and fill out a order form. WWW.TOBINSEATS.COM

·
Registered
702 Posts
Looks great. Good choice to add some comfort to the riding experience. Take any longer trips on the seats yet?

Good to know where local quality seat work gets done :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GTBozak said:
Looks great. Good choice to add some comfort to the riding experience. Take any longer trips on the seats yet?

Good to know where local quality seat work gets done :bigthumbsup:
Yes, I took a 150 mile trip and the seat worked out perfectly :bigthumbsup: Now a have a lumbar support for my lower back and now when I go fast it feels like the seat is holding me in there instaed of the feeling of being blown off of the bike.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts