M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought new wheels and thinking to go wider front.
Metzeler 140/70-18 and 18" x 10" Rear Wheel w/ 280/35-18. what you think bro?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I went with a 170 front and the 2 shot rides i tested it on it handled well with my 280 rear but since you have the wheels already go for the 160 the wider front tire realy sets off the front of the 9 well

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm.... 100% saying go with 160.
so i call the company but they would not mount the 160 tire on the new rim cuz they sad it's back tire.
i must do it here and pay extra. is must be worth the troble.

anyway how is different riding with this setup vs, stock.

thanks bros.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I had a 140 on the stock rim then when I got chrome rims I went up to the 160. Same deal, they would not mount the 160 for me so I had it done. No biggie, they put the Dyna beads in a little bag and it cost me $30 to have it mounted. I say it's worth the time and effort to do the 160, it looks much better and handles great! The sidewall on the 140 is VERY wide and does not look that good IMO...........

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Hmmm.... 100% saying go with 160.
so i call the company but they would not mount the 160 tire on the new rim cuz they sad it's back tire.
i must do it here and pay extra. is must be worth the troble.

anyway how is different riding with this setup vs, stock.

thanks bros.
It's definitely worth the trouble.

With the 160 vs. stock 130, I noticed better handling, more ground clearance ( especially in the corners), absorbs bumps better, and more neutral steering. It's one of those things you won't fully understand until you do it.

-Josh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts