M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OCOTILLO -- Authorities say five people were killed in a crash involving seven motorcycles and 2 vehicles on a rural highway east of San Diego.CHP officers have said that five deaths occurred in the collision Saturday afternoon on Route 98 near Ocotillo in Imperial County, just miles from the U.S.-Mexico border.Authorities say a car tried to pass about a dozen motorcyclists on the two-lane highway when an oncoming car swerved out of the way, lost control and ran into the motorcyclists.Two men and two women on motorcycles were killed, as well as one passenger from the car.The car that tried to pass the motorcycles did not stop and authorities were looking for it.The Highway Patrol's Multiple Accident Investigation team from San Diego was called in because of the accident's size.Ocotillo is about 80 miles east of San Diego.

http://www.kesq.com/news/25786943/detail.html

That POS better hide real good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME 109, Found this news,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
OCOTILLO -- Authorities say five people were killed in a crash involving seven motorcycles and 2 vehicles on a rural highway east of San Diego.CHP officers have said that five deaths occurred in the collision Saturday afternoon on Route 98 near Ocotillo in Imperial County, just miles from the U.S.-Mexico border.Authorities say a car tried to pass about a dozen motorcyclists on the two-lane highway when an oncoming car swerved out of the way, lost control and ran into the motorcyclists.Two men and two women on motorcycles were killed, as well as one passenger from the car.The car that tried to pass the motorcycles did not stop and authorities were looking for it.The Highway Patrol's Multiple Accident Investigation team from San Diego was called in because of the accident's size.Ocotillo is about 80 miles east of San Diego.

http://www.kesq.com/news/25786943/detail.html

That POS better hide real good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dam skippy! I hope the bastard is an American-cause thats the only way he (or she) will hang for this crime. If its an illegal, the best we can hope for is deportation-after millions of our hard earned tax dollars wasted of course....

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dam skippy! I hope the bastard is an American-cause thats the only way he (or she) will hang for this crime. If its an illegal, the best we can hope for is deportation-after millions of our hard earned tax dollars wasted of course....
Damn , That's a good point! Hope, not the case though......

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Son of a bitch

What is it will the people out there driving the cars anyway. I sure hope that they catch the fuc$er. I've been in 2 wrecks in 9 years and they always said that they didn't see me. In 2001 an old man tried to pass in the slow lane and rear ended me at 65 MPH almost killing me. Last Tuesday a gal turned in front of me. I could clearly see her on a cell phone, didn't even look in my direction. I don't know. Firends ask me if I'm still going to ride and I say "Hell YA I Am". I'm not going to sit in my house like some scared sheep afraid of coming out and being ambushed by the big bas wolf. We have rights as motorcyclists.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I would personally say that this was a stupid decision, by a stupid person, at a bad location and a bad time.
the first decision to try and pass was stupid

the second desicion to continue on their merry way after the accident goes WAY beyond that

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Man that's terrible. Prayers out to the families of the victims.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
:agree:very sad news...thoughts and prayers to the families...Hope they catch the POS....but its stories like these that make me think vigilante justice is the :edit:way to go...I know its not,but this senseless carnage has to stop

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Even if they catch the idiot, he/she will probably get nothing more than a ticket for improper passing and leaving the scene, or some other meaningless little slap on the hand. It seems our laws are such, or least the way punishment is doled out to these idiot cagers, that bikers are disposable. If I shoot and kill or injur a person with a gun, I'm charged with murder or attempted murder. If I hit and kill a pedestrian crossing the street with my car, at the very least I'm charged with involuntary or vehicular manslaughter. If I do something stupid in my car that injurs or kills a motorcyclist, all I have to do is say I didn't see him/her and I get off with a failure to yield, or improper turn, or some other joke of a ticket, no matter what happens to the biker. Until the level of punishment is made to fit the crime, there's no incentive for idiot cagers to give bikers their due respect. I'm afraid it's just going to continue to be a free-for-all on us riders until cagers are delt with properly, so AT ALL TIMES WHILE YOU'RE RIDING, MAKE SURE YOU'RE WATCHING THE CAGERS, CUZ THEY SURE AS HELL AIN'T LOOKIN' OUT FOR US!!!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I hear ya grampi

I've always been told to ride like is was invisible or better yet like EVERYONE in a car was out to kill you. I do consider myself a defensive driver. However, sometimes the best defense is a really good offense.

Even if they catch the idiot, he/she will probably get nothing more than a ticket for improper passing and leaving the scene, or some other meaningless little slap on the hand. It seems our laws are such, or least the way punishment is doled out to these idiot cagers, that bikers are disposable. If I shoot and kill or injur a person with a gun, I'm charged with murder or attempted murder. If I hit and kill a pedestrian crossing the street with my car, at the very least I'm charged with involuntary or vehicular manslaughter. If I do something stupid in my car that injurs or kills a motorcyclist, all I have to do is say I didn't see him/her and I get off with a failure to yield, or improper turn, or some other joke of a ticket, no matter what happens to the biker. Until the level of punishment is made to fit the crime, there's no incentive for idiot cagers to give bikers their due respect. I'm afraid it's just going to continue to be a free-for-all on us riders until cagers are delt with properly, so AT ALL TIMES WHILE YOU'RE RIDING, MAKE SURE YOU'RE WATCHING THE CAGERS, CUZ THEY SURE AS HELL AIN'T LOOKIN' OUT FOR US!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Avoidance

I always ride with my brites on, in the daytime. I want them to see me first.
That being said, There are times I've missed seeing a bike. I know that driving our business van, with our name plastered all over the side, made me a more considerate, and defensive driver. But some idiots didn't see me, even in a bright yellow van.
I know if anybody is gonna avoid a wreck, it has to be me, because I'm the one thats gonna loose.
And for the record, I believe in vigilantees.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I've always been told to ride like is was invisible or better yet like EVERYONE in a car was out to kill you. I do consider myself a defensive driver. However, sometimes the best defense is a really good offense.
:agree:.....get in their faces...let en know yer there with yer pipes and/or stebel....keep outta the blind spots and watch out for a rollin wheel at a junction :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Sadly it's just another statistic and will change very little. The biggest thing I see is people not having any Patience and thinking they have to be ahead of that motorcycle. I have been 5, 10, 20 mph above the speed limit and still have people try and pass me. The only protection is stay away from them as much as possible. We as motorcyclists, all motorcyclists should ban together and demand more severe punishments for crashing bikes. I mean people drive suv's for protection so what do we have? The only answer is bring it to the forefront making people aware of the penalties and what their inattentive actions will cause.
You are right, the least amount of time spent around or near these cagers, the better...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I'm in, how can I help

I've been nailed twice. Once in 2001 when an older fellow ran up my azz at 65 MPH. Said he didn't see me? Come on will ya, 250 Lbs and on a bright red motorcycle? The second time was last Tuesday when some chick on her cell phone turned left in from of me. Had to lay my baby down and she's fuc$ing totalled? Yep, she said the same thing, "I didn't see him" Well, NO SHIZ dumb azz you were on a fuc$ing cell phone. Luckley she admitted to cutting me off to the two officers, done deal as far as my attorney is concerned! Her azz is MINE!!

Sadly it's just another statistic and will change very little. The biggest thing I see is people not having any Patience and thinking they have to be ahead of that motorcycle. I have been 5, 10, 20 mph above the speed limit and still have people try and pass me. The only protection is stay away from them as much as possible. We as motorcyclists, all motorcyclists should ban together and demand more severe punishments for crashing bikes. I mean people drive suv's for protection so what do we have? The only answer is bring it to the forefront making people aware of the penalties and what their inattentive actions will cause.

·
Banned
408 Posts
Better hide? Ohh please, he/she will turn themselves in & their lawyer will say they didn't stop because they DIDN'T know they had caused an accident. Or left the scene because they were afraid. There is no justice in this country, just look up the case of that indy cop who rear ended those motorcyclists at a traffic light while on duty. His B.A.C. came back .19 (DRUNK) & the prosecutor threw the evidence out saying his blood was taken illegally.
His cop friends are saying he wasn't drunk & there are many things that could have given such a high B.A.C. Really? Did he drink 6 bottles of cough medicine that day? What will happen? The town will eventually settle out of court with the victims families, the cop will be fired & retire to florida & collect his pension. JUSTICE? NOPE, it doesn't exist, not when the judges & lawyers control the system.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I've been nailed twice. Once in 2001 when an older fellow ran up my azz at 65 MPH. Said he didn't see me? Come on will ya, 250 Lbs and on a bright red motorcycle? The second time was last Tuesday when some chick on her cell phone turned left in from of me. Had to lay my baby down and she's fuc$ing totalled? Yep, she said the same thing, "I didn't see him" Well, NO SHIZ dumb azz you were on a fuc$ing cell phone. Luckley she admitted to cutting me off to the two officers, done deal as far as my attorney is concerned! Her azz is MINE!!
Not to downplay what happened to you, and I certainly hope it doesn't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if the chick gets off with some petty little voliation/fine. I'm telling you, and I don't why, but the law and those in postions to uphold it, view motorcyclists as "expendable."

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
If she gets off with some petty little voliation/fine so be it

However, my attorney is going to do everything in his power to work the pain and suffering issue. I have 5 broken/crushed ribs, numbness and tingling in my left arm/hand. Found out that that is nerve damage and yes I'll be able to ride in the future it may take 1.5 years to heal or may never go away. I'm experiencing headaches and my back and neck are killing me. I went to the hospital yesterday and they Xrayed my neck and CAT Scanned my head. When I go to the VA hospital next week I'm going to have them MRI my back.

I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disk Disease a decade ago from numerious back injuries during my 20 years in the military. I believe the accident aggravated this preexisting condition. I'm taking this individual to the bank bro. She should've been paying attention instead talking on her fuc$ing cell phone. She said, "I didn't see him" was her excuse. Duh, if she wasn't on her cell phone when she turned left in front of me maybe she would've seen me.

Another issue is my baby:'( , my motorcycle, my 2009 M109R Limited :edit::edit:. I took care of that bike like I'd take care of a child. It was REALLY emoitonally disturbing to lose that bike. Believe it or not I'm having freaking nightmares about it, SHIZ. I just don't get it. Sometimes I think, why me, twice in 9 years? Well why not me! I choose to take the chance and ride because I love it better than anything else and I plan on continuing to ride and if one of these jack wagens kills me in the process then so be it. I'll take all of the proper precautions I can but like they say it's not if you get in an accident it's when. I refuse to just give up and sit on my couch like a frightened sheep.

On the other hand I have to keep my sense of hunor otherwise shiz like this will eat me up inside.

Not to downplay what happened to you, and I certainly hope it doesn't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if the chick gets off with some petty little voliation/fine. I'm telling you, and I don't why, but the law and those in postions to uphold it, view motorcyclists as "expendable."

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
tbar

I hope you fully recover and you can get back to a normal life as soon as possible. I also hope your lawyer can get the most punishment allowed under the law brought upon the chick that did this to you. I can't believe people still get off with little to no punishment by using the "I didn't see him" excuse. I wonder if that excuse would get me off if the next time some SOB cuts me off in traffic I were to just run them off the road?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I thought I invented the saying that I ride like everyone is trying to kill me!:p It has kept me alive, so far.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts