M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My church is trying something a little different for friends and family day this year. We are trying to get as many bikers to come as possible to join in with the festivities. There will be free food, drinks, games, etc. and a chance to show off your bikes. Church begins around 11:00-11:30, and we should be eating by no later than 1:00. I will be leading a group from the Raleigh area, leaving around 10:00. There will be plenty of all types of food to eat, and it is all for FREE. Afterwards, we can go on a cruise to your location of choice. Please post if you think you might be interested.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got an update on this event sunday. They are expecting a pretty good turnout of bikers from a couple of different groups and wanted me to express to everyone that there would be free food and drinks for eveyone. If you think that you would possibly be able to make it, post up. They are creating a flyer for this event, and I just so happen to be on my bike yesterday:D. They took pictures after church, and I should have something to post shortly. Please come out and enjoy the fun.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wanted to bump this back up to the top. There should be a pretty good turnout. The mention of free food and drinks seems to attract people:drool:. I have been so excited about the mountain trip that I nearly forgot about this. You could say that this is one last get together in preparation before heading for the dragon. We can also solidify a leave time.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I just wanted to bump this back up to the top. There should be a pretty good turnout. The mention of free food and drinks seems to attract people:drool:. I have been so excited about the mountain trip that I nearly forgot about this. You could say that this is one last get together in preparation before heading for the dragon. We can also solidify a leave time.
OK . . . I can meet you guys at the Kangaroo Station in Durham after the Duke St & N Roxboro St (NC 501) split (where we met prior to the fish fry last year). Just name the time . . .

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
How about wierd! my birthday is May 17th...:eek: (i think I am just gonna have to race you for my birthday back!!!):evil:
Double the celebration.. :bigthumbsup:

My oldest son's birthday is May 21st...

Yes it was planned but momma just wasn't ready when she was expected to produce the kid.. LOL

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK . . . I can meet you guys at the Kangaroo Station in Durham after the Duke St & N Roxboro St (NC 501) split (where we met prior to the fish fry last year). Just name the time . . .
We will be meeting at the Toys-R-Us in Cary at 10:00, and should arrive at the Kangaroo around 10:40. This should have us arriving in Roxboro around 11:00. There may be a couple of guys from Sanford riding up with us. KD and myself met them on the Charity ride that we did down there a couple of weeks ago. 2 real nice looking hayabusas. See you Sunday morning.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:'(It want be the same without you. I hope to have pictures tonight. Should be pretty nice temps. If the sun pops out, and you want to come up, call my cell and I will give you directions.

·
Registered
918 Posts
:'(It want be the same without you. I hope to have pictures tonight. Should be pretty nice temps. If the sun pops out, and you want to come up, call my cell and I will give you directions.
Gotcha . . . I don't mind being caught in the rain unknowingly, but it's when the sun "pops in" that worries me . . . have fun! :doorag:

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a great time today. Nice weather, and no rain. Well, no rain except for about a 3 mile stretch as we were passing through Raleigh:-\. I guess the bike is due for one more washing before heading to the mountains.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I had a great time today. Nice weather, and no rain. Well, no rain except for about a 3 mile stretch as we were passing through Raleigh:-\. I guess the bike is due for one more washing before heading to the mountains.
Glad you had fun and no rain for most of the day. Clouds looked a little menacing around Durham for a while. No biggie, I did some work in the house that should have been accomplished a long time ago.

On another note, the FMS I installed last week was definitely worth the effort & money. My Nine runs a lot smoother now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Glad you had fun and no rain for most of the day. Clouds looked a little menacing around Durham for a while. No biggie, I did some work in the house that should have been accomplished a long time ago.

On another note, the FMS I installed last week was definitely worth the effort & money. My Nine runs a lot smoother now.
What type of FMS did you installed?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts