M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I was wondering what you other 109 owners paid for freight. My dealer charged me $897. And $463 for dealer prep. Mine was bought in Southern California.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
only charged me document fees (75$). no frieght, no prep, or anything else except tax.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Mine tried to charge $650 for freight and prep. Negotiated that right out of the deal first thing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Freight Freight ya say We Dont pay no stinkin freight. LOL unless i over paid for bike anyhow and it was hidden of course.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well then, looks like I got raped, or your dealers did not make a penny on your bikes.

I find it hard to believe Suzuki charges the dealer for freight. I mean, that is the cost of doing business I would think.

Oh well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine was 11,800 O.T.D. Mac, I love that pic on your sign. reminds me of developing B&W photos with selectol developer, browns make 'em cool lookin' :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I personally know the salesman at one bike shop...he described the actual charge to the dealer being several hundred dollars...depends on the bike
just as a car. They just don't waive it...they take it out of the selling price no matter how you slice it....prep : again depends on the bike...the service department charges between 100-200 bucks depending on the work, size of the bike.....on a 109 I'd anticipate the cost being about 350-400 for frieght and prep.

So some you guys that are claiming to pay 10,500 -11,500 "out the door" need to stop fibbing. I reside in Va. our sales tax is 3% which is almost the lowest in the country.... so $12,399 is $371.00 in state tax... tags are 28.50 , proc fee 199.00,extended warrantees min are $550.00 for 3 yr ,Buiz tax which is .002%
of selling price , 24.71 = 1500.00 in less than average charges.... so if we use 11,500 OTD...your telling us you paid 10,000 for the bike minusing 1,500
tax,frieght ect. the bike doen't have 2,400 hundred mark up...sorry !

I sell $32,000 - 130,000 BMW's as I'm a manager at Checkard Flag BMW...the 3 series barely has that mark up until you get to 40k .

Not to start a issue...but for people thinking about buying this 109...lets give them useful info...there are dealers selling over msrp for these pups....and we know it.

If I'm wrong post a pic of your buyers order....you can do it very easily. I consider myself a great negotiater as I do it for a living and I paid more than 10,000
for the bike.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Thats more realistic...there are people saying they are paying 11,300 OTD to include warranty ,tax, frieght,prep...thats hard to believe...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maybe I mis-stated, I paid 11,800 for the bike and extended warranty PLUS tax, tag & title. Everyone pays T,T&T- why do you include it as part of purchase price? That's like saying the bike is cheaper in Xtown because they have a lower sales tax rate. C'mon now does $9.99 REALLY sound cheaper than $10.00??? ::)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
When you say "OUT THE DOOR" that means ALL incured costs. When a client comes to our dealership...they may ask "whats the out the door figure"
and we give him or her the bottom line costs.

I was just observing some posts...and I think people were just throwing out numbers...If I'm not mistaken a guy in another thread said he paid 10,700 OTD
....impossible.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That does sound a little um, hinkey (10,700) the dealer I delt with dropped all freight and assembly and prep VERY easily, I was almost impressed, well I guess I was impressed to the point of "almost" suspicious. (I don't trust any of 'em as far as I can toss 'em.)

·
Registered
411 Posts
10 11 or $12000??? My heart bleeds purple pis* for you guys I paid €13,100 which is approx. $16,500 which includes our 16% sales tax. Considering what I have read here in this forum Denmark and Austriala pays even alot more. Hey Quality has its price So all you guys and gals are getting over like fat rats in the States. My wife keeps telling me the only difference between me and the kids are the price of the toys

·
Registered
302 Posts
What the heck, I'll chime in.

My OTD number was 14,500. Included were tax, tags, 2 helmets, new jacket, gloves, an extended warranty and I also pre-paid my first 6 service visits.

All in all it was a great deal when you consider what the combined total of those visits would have cost had I paid as they were due. On that alone I save over $600 heads of cabbage. Of course, it was worth it for the dealer to secure my business for that timeframe as well, so we all did ok at the end of the day.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Seems like you're arguing semantics really. When someone asks what I paid for the bike, I reply with the cost of the bike ($11,099). I never even think about the extra costs such as tag, tax and title. In Okla. you pay the "TTL" 30 days later, after the dealership sends you the paper work. You take that to a tag agency and then pay that part, in my case I think it was around $400 for all. My "out the door" cost or financed amount was $11,700. Unfortunately, i found out a few weeks later that had I traveled 50 miles to the north, a dealer was selling for between $10,400 and $10,700, actual bike cost for those of you keeping score. Why anybody should be forced to pay over MSRP is beyond me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those of you paying less than 12,399 are getting it for less than MSRP as per suzuki's website. Up here in washington state, the dealers dont "deal". If the manufactures website says a certain amount MSRP, thats what we pay for it. So I find it highly suspicious that anyone is paying less than 12500 out the door. If so then the dealers are loosin money big time. All the bike dealers ive been to up here are pretty small as far as staff goes. The one where i bought my bike only has 4 sales people and none of them drive porsches or ferraris, so I know they cant be markin up the bikes 2500 bucks. If so they hide the wealth well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts