M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Just installed Freedom Performance Combat 2 into 1 and a power commander. Absolutely love the sound and extra torque!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I see someone got some saddlebags.
I broke down finally.

Just a pain in the butt not having storage. Been using a Kriega dry back pack but when I put on the Corbin backrest I have to put backpack behind it and it feels really restrictive. Went on 2 all day rides 2 weeks ago and that was the last straw.

Never wanted any on the bike as I think it takes away from the lines but the conveniece of having them trumps the looks

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
:agree: I only had my bike a week before I put saddle bags on it....that was over 10 years ago.

Once you get accustom to having them you will not want to be without them.

I think they look good on your bike, what brand are they and how did you get the stitching done to match your seat?

(I apologize to the OP for the thread hijack ) :jacked:

BCS

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
They are saddlemen highwayman tattoo that come with the stitching and the blue was on sale for over $100 cheaper than the other colors so a win win

Jumbo size and only 6" wide which others I was looking at were 9" so these look much better on the bike

Sorry for hijacking

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Those look really nice on your bike, I like them.

Will have to check them out, they look like they are well made.

After 10 years the tops on mine are stating to sag a bit, might be time to upgrade.

BCS

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tip! BTW - the seat and saddlebags look awesome. I have been struggling with saddlebags or not for awhile as well.

·
Registered
772 Posts
:agree: I only had my bike a week before I put saddle bags on it....that was over 10 years ago.

Once you get accustom to having them you will not want to be without them.

I think they look good on your bike, what brand are they and how did you get the stitching done to match your seat?

(I apologize to the OP for the thread hijack ) :jacked:

BCS
Amen, almost all our rides here in St. Louis, are all day, 300 400 mile rides, so (don't yell at me) I almost always take the Valkyrie tourer now, I am just plain ol spoiled with the storage. I did get a luggage rack bag for my 9 last year, made out of really nice heavy nylon, but it already in just two months last year fubarred the chrome on my $650 factory sissybar/luggage rack. So I took it off. Far as I know you can't have the sissy bar and a set of bags on the 9????

Marty

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Thanks for the tip! BTW - the seat and saddlebags look awesome. I have been struggling with saddlebags or not for awhile as well.
I struggled as well. Also struggled with windshield. But came down to comfort as I ride alot at higher speeds. If I just cruised around the city mainly it would be naked as I prefer that look.

I have the Vsteam and then added the Rifle lowers and made it much better blocking the wind.

This year I've been doing alot more all day rides and not having storage was a real pain. Leave in the morning and need a jacket on, then gets very hot later in the day and want to ride in t-shirt. Wanna carry my coffee mug. Got caught in rain, want my rain gear. No jacket and temp drops you're freezing. Wanna pick up something at the store.

I hardly road the bike to work because need a jacket with the liner at 6am but after work it's 90 and just bake. I'm riding it everyday now that I have what I need for all weather etc etc etc.

I still get as many compliments and outrageous questions as to what it's worth. Today one of the trades at work figured it is worth $50,000. When I told him I bought it a year and a half ago for $4,500 Canadian he was stunned. I've put more than that into it since but I bought it right and not another 9 around that comes close. I've only seen 5 in the last 2 seasons of riding

I had to bight the bullet and put the bags on so I could enjoy it so much more by riding it every chance I get as our riding season is short.

Riding the beast through traffic to and from work is so much more fun than the car and I've only been doing that daily since I got the bags.

Here's the wind deflection that makes it so comfortable

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
And I'd suggest a Corbin seat. Stock seat had tail bone pain after half hour and when on it hard would feel like you'd slide right off. They say it takes 2000 miles to break in and I'm maybe half way there but it's already amazing. Can ride all day long no pain or stiffness at all. Just push back into it and it's amazing

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
And another bonus with bags is you don't need to lower the bike. I didn't want to lower it because I'm aggressive and love to lean but OCD took over for looks. I lowered mine 2" this winter for looks as I was always about not having bags and the tail end at stock height was killing me. Now when I'm scraping lots. May Go back to factory bones now bags are on

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep....:bigthumbsup:

(I am still stuggiling with the V-stream thing.....but I will probably break down and try one also one of these days)

BCS
I like the Vstream on mine; very helpful in reducing the wind but without the look of the batwing fairing (not to my taste at all)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And I'd suggest a Corbin seat. Stock seat had tail bone pain after half hour and when on it hard would feel like you'd slide right off. They say it takes 2000 miles to break in and I'm maybe half way there but it's already amazing. Can ride all day long no pain or stiffness at all. Just push back into it and it's amazing

Good Suggestion - 24 years in the Army wore out all the cartilage between L3 and L4, when i hit a significant bump I am feeling it. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts