M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an excessive free play on my throttle. I adjusted the setting to the max (directly behind the handle). It got much better but still have that anoying free play of about 1/2 inch. Is there any adjustment at the other end of the cable (by the gas tank)? How big of a job is that? Do I need to fully take the gas tank off?

Just looking for advices, as am new with the 9's! Thanks :cop:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
If you are going to get the tank and air box off to make the adjustment, then save yourself some future work and just get new cables now.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,141 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. :D

I got to mine by just pulling off the left (clutch side) air box. It's held on by 2 bolts that go through tabs and into the cylinders, and a rubber grommet. Once you remove the two bolts, pull out on the box and down off the intake tubes. There's a breather hose connected to the back of it that you have to pull off to completely remove it.

Once it's off you can see where the lower ends connect. It's a fork type arrangement that the cables drop between and there's a nut on each side. You loosen both nuts, then tighten the one toward the front to pull the cable back away from the throttle bodies. Once you get it where you want it, snug them both down against the fork mount

You can get braided stainless throttle cables from DLP, the site sponsor. Click the bullseye at the top of any page, click on the M109R Store, and look for either Barnett or cables. It's not necessary to replace them with stock risers, but they look good.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
If there is plenty of adjustment on the one behind the air box i wouldn't change them out. Just put the one up top to mid adjustment and take the slack out with the bottom one. If your at the end of both adjusters i would then replace the cables.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts