M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Free One-Year Subscription to Motorcyclist, compliments of ROADGEAR

The first 8,500 respondents qualify for the Motorcyclist magazine offer! You-as well as your riding buddies-are eligible for this freebie. Just get the word out-and go to: Free One-Year subscription to Motorcyclist and follow the sign-up instructions.

Are we crazy to offer such amazing, no-strings attached giveaways? Not really. It is part of our strategic initiatives. Hey, we have been in a recession, and such endeavors build goodwill with our readers which ultimately does lead to increased revenue and profits-the name of the gam

FREE One-Year Subscription to Motorcyclist, compliments of ROADGEAR

Click on Yes, I want a free one-year subscription to Motorcyclist, compliments of ROADGEAR. Fill in the short form with info such as your name, where you live, and your e-mail address and pronto within approximately eight to twelve weeks your new subscription will start.

This offer is completely free to you and is our way of saying thanks for being a friend of ROADGEAR. (Offer valid in the US, APO, and Puerto Rico addresses only.)

However, as with all great offers, this is a limited time offer. Quantities are limited to the first 8,500 riding enthusiasts! To avail of this opportunity you need to sign up right away. You can also forward a link to this newsletter to your riding buddies-they'll probably want a free subscription too!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
None of the links work. Just takes you to an internet access point.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
book

The bottom one just under where it says yes I want the free subscription in red letters. click on the blue link

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The bottom one just under where it says yes I want the free subscription in red letters. click on the blue link
All links point to Cox webmail service---atleast from my end, and no, I do not use that service.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
Same here. If you hover over any of the links and look at what appears in the status bar on the bottom of the screen, they all go to Cox webmail. I clicked on a couple just to see.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bad links

Please pay VERY close attention to any link you may get in an email or website or what ever.
As Zoom say's, you can 'hoover' over it with your mouse or see the link that it "ACTUALLY" points to in most recent internet browsers.
Check that before clicking on any ANYTHING ANYWHERE.

Internet browser, email client, nntp or what ever.

Just a little sick of folks that have done that and have to clean up all the caca on there machines.

The internet has become a swamp.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
That's just what I figured would happen. "8500 free subscriptions are gone" but we will send you monthly newsletters and special offers.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I think the problem is that he was trying to cut and paste from his email, that don't work. The roadgear site is legit, they send emails every so often but they are legit. I agree that you should not be clicking everylink unless you know where they are taking you, and yes there is a bunch of crap in the cesspool.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mag

I ve got a free year to sport rider magazine, afree year to hot bike magazine from roadgear, its not a scam, I am not a scamer, i just thought I would pass this along to you people to get a free magazine, I dont get spam e-mails from anything to do with roadgear since I ve got the free magazines, I was just trying to help people out to get something for free ( free stuff dont happen much anymore ) next time I ll just let it go. :dontknow:

·
Registered
813 Posts
I ve got a free year to sport rider magazine, afree year to hot bike magazine from roadgear, its not a scam, I am not a scamer, i just thought I would pass this along to you people to get a free magazine, I dont get spam e-mails from anything to do with roadgear since I ve got the free magazines, I was just trying to help people out to get something for free ( free stuff dont happen much anymore ) next time I ll just let it go. :dontknow:
I don't think he meant you were the scammer...I think he was pointing at the site...I too, got the "8500 given away" message...

Don't give up, I don't think it was directed at you...

Chip

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I hate giving away my info. Only when I purchase something is the only time I do and even then I still worry. I've been a victim of Identity theft and it took me 1 Whole year fixing that problem.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,901 Posts
I did not even sign up and I started receiving "Hot Bike" Compliments of Roadgear, addressed to HyperPete. Joy... It's a "Harley Enthusiast" mag. I'm giving them to my neighbor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts