M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this bike almost a year ago now. 2007 red. It had been wrecked and changed hands a few times. The previous owner bought a lot of parts for it, replaced the fork before he realized the frame was bent. The neck was pushed back quite a ways on the bottom, obviously a head on colision. The frame also came back and broke the front valve cover. He lost interest at that point and I got ahold of it. It had 3200 miles at that point. It was missing some body panels, turn signals, pipes were beat up, the headlight was from an M90 instead of an m109, dented tank. Lots of little things along the way. I patiently watched ebay waiting for parts to come up and eventually found a frame. So here are some pics. I have quite a few pics of the rebuild so if anyone wants a picture of something deep in this bike I may have a pic of it. So far the upgrades are: the mean cycles chin spoiler, kury grips, switchblade pegs, custom mirrors, custom grille, roadburner large diameter pipes, FI2000, LED signals, license plate relocated. Still to go: still have some scratches on the triple tree I hope come out when I start polishing, front fender is cracked, chrome rear fender brace on the right side is scratched up. Still like to polish a lot, and lower it some. But getting a lot closer. Managed to put 4,000 miles on it this summer, so just getting past the fears of bolts falling out!

Here's what I started with:

Here's the bent frame:

And what it looks like today:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I told you what I have in this, you wouldn't believe me. Patience and time paid off big on this one.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have done this twice so far with sportbikes and was able to turn quite a big profit on both of them. It definitaly is the way to go.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Very nice job!!!!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
That sure looks like a lot of work, but it was worth it. It's a great looking bike now. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Love those pipes too. I like the swepts, but they hang a little low. Those have the same style but end up higher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts