M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out for a short run with a new passenger and pulled up to Alice's only to find two M109's sitting in the parking lot. Jenny "my passenger" was like is that really a big deal to see two bikes like yours?

Well it is when I don't know who they belong too. "Because I know just about everyone's 109 in the area. Two 2008's, gray and yellow. So I hang out and look them over to be sure I don't know them and then two guys walk up and say. "so you like the bikes" I reply with "ya they are kinda cool. Then I ask if they have ever heard of the M109riders forum. They both look puzzled and say no what's that.

Oh it's just this little site I go to once in a while.

Why do you have a 109?

Yes I do.

Is it here.

Right there,

Both of their bikes were stock except for the rifle shield on the LE.

They come over to look and said they didn't really recognize that it was a 109. Nice guys, hope to see them on the board soon.

Thought I'd share the story. Yes the passenger had to sit through all the man talk about bikes, then asked is it always like this?

I told her get used to it.:D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
LOL great story.........

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm moving to Redwood City, CA in November. :bigthumbsup: How is splitting lanes with the 9?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I'm moving to Redwood City, CA in November. :bigthumbsup: How is splitting lanes with the 9?
It's fine as long as you're doing it intelligently like not at high speed or pissing people off in general

·
Registered
744 Posts
I met a guy a few weeks ago on a white 9 here in West Palm. Stopped by his place last week and got him registered on the site "LULA84". His bike was stock. After seeing my bike and browsing the site, he caught the MOD bug. Within a week he has debeaverd, lowered it 2 1/4 inches, changed the foot pegs, removed the reflectors, and ordered the second-seat cowel. I warned him about the MOD bug. His wife is a bit upset.:clap2:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let us know when you get settled in. It would be about half an hour from Caliman, Grouch, and my self.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Great story man. It happends to me all the time. Meeting new 9'rs and telling them about the board. You should see OOINK, he literally runs after them beating them over the head. :D Nah, it is a great community this board. Wish sometimes I was back in Cali. Lived in Fort Irwin and Barstow for many years. HIGH DESERT.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great story man. It happends to me all the time. Meeting new 9'rs and telling them about the board. You should see OOINK, he literally runs after them beating them over the head. :D Nah, it is a great community this board. Wish sometimes I was back in Cali. Lived in Fort Irwin and Barstow for many years. HIGH DESERT.
That's the funny part of my story, My passenger didn't know that I do the same thing. Some of the CA 9er's have seen me run into a intersection on foot to hand out a M109riders card.:D

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
LOL awesome story. Gotta love it!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I've had similar experiences. Theres lots of guys riding the M109R that don't know anything about this website. Funny if you Google "Suzuki M109R" this forum is nowhere to be found on any search page. But if you just Google "M109R" this forum is the very first listing. Seems to me this site needs to have it's Google search index updated.

Alot of guys don't get on the internet much and some are not very internet/computer savvy. I met one in N. GA about a month ago that didn't know anything about it. We met one on the Dragon a few weeks ago, same story.

Those poor bastards with their stock M109's. If only they knew the mods. they could be doing based off the info on this site!!!!.....Actually maybe they're the smart ones for staying away. :joke:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I've had similar experiences. Theres lots of guys riding the M109R that don't know anything about this website. Funny if you Google "Suzuki M109R" this forum is nowhere to be found on any search page. But if you just Google "M109R" this forum is the very first listing. Seems to me this site needs to have it's Google search index updated.

Alot of guys don't get on the internet much and some are not very internet/computer savvy. I met one in N. GA about a month ago that didn't know anything about it. We met one on the Dragon a few weeks ago, same story.

Those poor bastards with their stock M109's. If only they knew the mods. they could be doing based off the info on this site!!!!.....Actually maybe they're the smart ones for staying away. :joke:
It's funny, of all the bikes I've owned over the years, I never touched one to mod before I bought my Sabre 2 years ago, and then the 9. I will def blame it on the forums!! Before that, never had any inkling to make any changes. I guess I always thought the bikes were cool enough in their stock form. Then the WWW opened my eyes and emptied my pockets!! :edit:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts