M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELMET REQUIRED

I came to Indianapolis to be with my Uncle as he is the guest of honor at a big American Motors/Rambler car rally on Saturday.  I got here a day early so I could do a few things like take a tour of the Speedway museum on Friday.

Well tonight I went to dinner and they had a newspaper so I started reading it and probably the coolest thing I can think of is listed for this weekend.

On Saturday there is a Charity ride for $30.  It includes a few things but the big one is that if you go to the Indianapolis Speedway at 8AM you can take a lap of the Speedway.  For a kid who grew up with his Dad taking him to the closed circuit broadcast of the Indy 500 I have to do this.

So if you are in the area its got to be a must do.  Of course, you guys have probably already done it 500 times.

If you are up here and want to do it then just call my cell listed below.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hal, I would love to do that and I will be in Terre Haute( about an hour from Indy) Saturday but I won't be free till about 4pm EST ( the USPS gets kinda grumpy if one of their HCR trucks don't show up LOL :p)........... so I'm out of luck on this one :(

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Just called the boss ......... no way I can get a day off either :cus:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Have fun Hal. Personally I thought most Ramblers were ugly sons of guns but my dad loved them. We took a Rambler station wagon over to Germany with us in 63', not sure of the model. My dad bought a brand new 67' Rambler Ambassador when we got back stateside. It was the least ugliest of the ones he had. It was built pretty good too all five of us survived a head on collision in it back then. Dad bought a second car after that a 64' Rambler American, whoa! it was ugly. Same car as the one they show on some shots of 3rd Rock from the Sun that sitcom except the one on the show is a pretty red color. Ours was like a Lavender color and had what Rambler called E-Stick transmission. it was supposed to be an electric clutch that worked off a switch on the gas pedal so when you let off the gas you could shift the three on the tree shifter but it did not always work :eek: what memories.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts