M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great job Len, :bigthumbsup:and so fast I didn't have time to get the lights in that are on order from DLP.

I ordered four of the 7 light pods. I was going to put two in each cover. Does anyone think that will be over kill?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Those covers are better than you mentioned to me about! Absolutely stunning!
Add as many lights as you want...it will never be enough!
:bigthumbsup:

-Cameron C.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Looks great mark. Very you!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Looks great Mark.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: I would just buy some LED strips and glue them to the inside outer edge of the cover. Gives a backlit effect.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
NICE!!
are you a skater, or do you just like the design? I used to thave BIG stickers of that design on the back of my truck, not a skater but it's a killer design:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Looks great! I've never been into the whole LED bling-bling thing. But the Ducks covers with internal color matching LED lights do look good. I've been thinking about putting red LED's in mine. I'd like to see how yours turn out with lights. I haven't the slightest clue as to how many you should put in there however.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Looks good bro! I have 3 of the 6 led pods inside each of my covers, and I think it needs to be brighter, or I need some polishing inside my covers to make better use of the light. There are some flexible strips that I am thinking about using but I haven't found any that I have seen in person that are super bright yet.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
NICE!!
are you a skater, or do you just like the design? I used to thave BIG stickers of that design on the back of my truck, not a skater but it's a killer design:bigthumbsup:
Is that a skater design? I thought it was the little guy pissing on a Harley

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Great job Len, :bigthumbsup:and so fast I didn't have time to get the lights in that are on order from DLP.
I ordered four of the 7 light pods. I was going to put two in each cover. Does anyone think that will be over kill?
never overkill when it comes to led lights in my opinion.

i would recoomend going with a stingerz style flexible led strip for inside the air covers. the strip gives you better mounting options and provides a better glow because it is more intense and even. i would suggest using a 30-led Stingerz strip (in each cover) which is just under 12" long. It does an awesome job of lighting the whole thing at an intense level and makes the ducks covers really stand out.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the props and tips on lights.

Dave, I used to skate when I was a kid, and now I snow board. I have the sticker on all my boards and helmets. He's my mascot that always says, "Go Get Some". His fire hair reminds me of mine when I stand it up, and I've been told I give evil looks now and then.:dontknow:

I know I want it to glow, but not sure on how bright. I'll start with the two light pods inside and go from there. As soon as I get them in, I'll post a new pic with them on in the dark.:clap2:

·
Registered
319 Posts
sweet I still ride spitfire wheels love it! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Thanks for all the props and tips on lights.

Dave, I used to skate when I was a kid, and now I snow board. I have the sticker on all my boards and helmets. He's my mascot that always says, "Go Get Some". His fire hair reminds me of mine when I stand it up, and I've been told I give evil looks now and then.:dontknow:

I know I want it to glow, but not sure on how bright. I'll start with the two light pods inside and go from there. As soon as I get them in, I'll post a new pic with them on in the dark.:clap2:
well......are you done yet..........:dontknow:

:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts