M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe you guys already knew this but as I was comming home tonight on the back country roads I would go from high beam to low beam. Problem is I could see farther ahead with the high beam but I lost some of my site right in front of the bike, that's when I found out if you leave it on low beam and then hit the passing light it leaves both lights on, not just the high beam. It really lights up the whole road then. :bigthumbsup: Give it a try next time you're riding in the dark.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Cool deal. Just like my Camry. Pull the headlight flasher toward you and you get both high and low. Push it away to keep it on high and it's just high beam.

·
Registered
686 Posts
J R said:
I wished you could leave it on tho without holding it...
a good piece of duct tape will solve that problem! :D

Just kidding, but I'm sure if someone wants it bad enough, it would be REALLY easy to wire a switch in there instead of the passing button.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
rideutah said:
a good piece of duct tape will solve that problem! :D

Just kidding, but I'm sure if someone wants it bad enough, it would be REALLY easy to wire a switch in there instead of the passing button.
Or a chrome colored zip tie. Sure it's tacky, but effective...

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
If you have 4 seperate lights on your car/truck they sell fully assembled kits to do that. Except you dont have to hold it.
Just turn the brights on and all 4 stay on.
Works great!!

Sledzep

·
Registered
592 Posts
Lamonster said:
Maybe you guys already knew this but as I was comming home tonight on the back country roads I would go from high beam to low beam. Problem is I could see farther ahead with the high beam but I lost some of my site right in front of the bike, that's when I found out if you leave it on low beam and then hit the passing light it leaves both lights on, not just the high beam. It really lights up the whole road then. :bigthumbsup: Give it a try next time you're riding in the dark.
This is the better way to solve that problem Bro!!!!
We have 2 differnt set ups for driving lights and they give you the best 30ft night vision you could ask for.
It makes a huge differnce when you run these lights at night :bigthumbsup:
Wide set up.

Narrow set up.

·
Registered
256 Posts
being able to see well at night, is no doubt very important...

but on a side note, i'd also like to mention,....

that i've experienced at times, some bikes (and cagers), that have "multiple very bright front lights " on, and when i am approaching them, (even on two lane backroads), they will not dim them, which of course makes it to where i cant see....

we all need to be able to see the road, but some just blind ya and apparently dont care if you can see or not....

ok, i'll step down off my box...(if i could see..all i see is spots ... :D)

tc

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TexasCruzer said:

that i've experienced at times, some bikes (and cagers), that have "multiple very bright front lights " on, and when i am approaching them, (even on two lane backroads), they will not dim them, which of course makes it to where i cant see....

we all need to be able to see the road, but some just blind ya and apparently dont care if you can see or not....

tc
I agree with you on that. I always dim my lights if another car or bike is heading the other way. :doorag:

G

·
Lamonster said:
Found that by accident one morning on the way to work. Some cager would not dim his lights. I was tempted to wire the hi beam switch that way but I am guessing with both the Hi and Low filaments on for an extended time, the heat would burn out the bulb or Suzuki would have wired it from the factory like that. Anyone know if this is true?

Rob

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
RKP000 said:
Found that by accident one morning on the way to work. Some cager would not dim his lights. I was tempted to wire the hi beam switch that way but I am guessing with both the Hi and Low filaments on for an extended time, the heat would burn out the bulb or Suzuki would have wired it from the factory like that. Anyone know if this is true?

Rob
The bulb I'm not worried about, its the totally plactic housing its in is what I'm not sure will take the heat. I used to do this in some of my older Ford that I could ge to stuck between low/high on the switch (burned out many a headlight switch too :p ).

I still do it on the 109 ever once in a while, its nice when in the twisties at night :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I learned that on my C50T, you can go one step further, if you place the switch inbetween high & low, it turns on both lights and you don't have to hold the flash to pass button, it's tricky, you just have to get it in the right position, fyi!

By the way, I have run this riding all evening without any ill effects yet, only time will tell?

·
Registered
592 Posts
TexasCruzer said:

tc
If they have there lights ajusted right they should not blind another passing car.
The driving lights on my bike are set up to light a 30ft patch infront of the bike.
The low beam covers about to the 100ft mark and the brights are for the long lonely roads.
I need to see whats infront of me right now not whats a mile down the road.
Big Joe.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Big Joe said:
If they have there lights ajusted right they should not blind another passing car.
The driving lights on my bike are set up to light a 30ft patch infront of the bike.
The low beam covers about to the 100ft mark and the brights are for the long lonely roads.
I need to see whats infront of me right now not whats a mile down the road.
Big Joe.
I want both. I like having the close in be very bright, but I also want to light up the deer way down the road.

Sledzep

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.