M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this helps others. I had my bike in the shop twice, and they couldent find nothing. So I removed the tank myself, and inspected.Saw it leaking around injectors.Removed all the air intake. ( fun putting back together). Found leak comming from gas line that connects the two injectors.On the right injector. Some how there was two clamps.One that is crimped on, the other, you have to tighend with a screwdriver. that side was fine. The leftone only had the kind of clamp you crimp.Instaled new clamp,OK.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
So behind the left breather there are 2 lines....one has a crimped clamp on it...are you impying it needs to be replaced with a screw type clamp...I notice mine drips when it's cold and stops when it warms up...I don't know danget !

I did notice a moist area of the hose next to the clamp...but on my bike if your looking at the hoses/lines it's the left one with the crimp type clamp.It has dripped 3x for like 20-30 seconds....then stops and dries up , wierd .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine started with the smell of gas. to seeing it, then stopping. To not being able to ride it anymore.
Still love the bike. Just under 10,000 KM in 4 months.

·
Registered
484 Posts
My issue started all at once... went from running fine to making a puddle on the garage floor and then dying...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think these bikes have more than one place they can leak fuel from. I also replaced the crimped clamp with one that I could tighten because I saw fuel squirting from there, for sure, definite leak! But now I still have a occasional leak from somewhere else that I haven't been able to find yet

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mine leaks after it sits for a few days, then stops when it warms up. Have not looked too close yet, appears on the left side, dips down the front of the forward jug. Any thoughts? :dontknow:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a leak on the fuel line, from the bottom of the tank to the injectors. It was routed wrong. Over the frame, instead of under,which wound put strain on the fitting, causing a leak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts