M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Lamonster said:
Man I was skinny back then. :D :redfaced:

I always said if my band would have made it, I would have worn our own shirts :bigthumbsup:

I really like that bike, maybe its the paint, dunno...it has this vintage vibe going on, pretty cool.

Just cause this stuff interests me, did you end up selling / crashing / trading for a XXXXXXX?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Falconer said:
I always said if my band would have made it, I would have worn our own shirts :bigthumbsup:

I really like that bike, maybe its the paint, dunno...it has this vintage vibe going on, pretty cool.

Just cause this stuff interests me, did you end up selling / crashing / trading for a XXXXXXX?
Well after I did all I could do to it at least four times over (that was version 3) I wound up buying a Boss Hoss and that was the end to my Valkyrie. After about a year or so of hanging my jackets on it I decided it was a very expensive coat hanger so I sold it. ::) It was a great bike. :doorag: :super:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Version 1.0 :doorag:

This was version 1.5 :doorag:

Version 2.0 :doorag:

Version 2.5 with blower number 1 and paint number 2 :doorag:

Version 3.0 with blower number 2 :doorag:

Version 3.0 with blower number 3 and paint number 3Â :doorag:

Blower number 3 with nitrous number 1 :doorag:

Version 4.0 with blower number 4 (cast) nitrous number 1 and flame throwers number 1 :doorag:

Version 4.5 with blower number 4, Nitrous number 2 and flame throwers number 3 :doorag:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sweet ride, can't wait to see ver 3.0 of the 109 ;) :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bob109 said:
That Valk has had more face lifts than several movie stars combined :D :D :D :D
You have no idea Bro. :D I got it to where I was happy with it and then it wasn't any fun any more. ::) I guess I just like working on bikes as much or maybe even more than riding them. :D :doorag:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot about the pipes. I'll bet I had about 12 sets of pipes on this bike, maybe more, I can't remember all of them. :eek: :D

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Lamonster said:
You have no idea Bro. :D I got it to where I was happy with it and then it wasn't any fun any more. ::) I guess I just like working on bikes as much or maybe even more than riding them. :D :doorag:
I have some friends who are the same way, except with houses. As soon as every corner inside and out is exactly the way they want it they throw a party and put it on the market soon after...

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Lamonster said:
You have no idea Bro. :D I got it to where I was happy with it and then it wasn't any fun any more. ::) I guess I just like working on bikes as much or maybe even more than riding them. :D :doorag:
I hear ya :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Lamonster said:
Version 4.5 with blower number 4, Nitrous number 2 and flame throwers number 3 :doorag:

My personal favorite!... Don't care much fo rthe padded bags, everything else rocks... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Aint nothin' like memory lane when a beloved object of your affection comes drifting back to ya.
Seeing all your "younger and skinner" days made me smile.
I did that with my old bike pictures a couple of months ago....."man was I ever that skinny?Was I ever THAT young?"..... each bike reminded me of some really good times and long lost friends of many moons ago.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hi L/M..GREAT photos of a GREAT bike!

I've noticed a correlation between your moustache shape and the h/bar style on this bike..do you have any pics of bikes you have had with higher h/bars to see if the mo takes on the extra flair! :joke:Â :DÂ Greg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow Lamont! I too had a Valkyrie and initially loved it to no end. Easy to do coming from a Harley. Your comment on the bike not being fun after awhile struck a cord with me. After about a year-and-a-half, I got rid of it and got another Harley because the Valk wasn't any fun. When pressed to think about why, I thought that it ended up being too homogenized. I.e.-it did everything so well and was so smooth that it didn't have much character. It was too perfect if that makes any sense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts