M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the lower pipe on the muffler side just after the point where the front cover meets the rear muffler itself. its on the bottom and its a perfectly round tiny little hole about 1/8" in diameter.

the only reason i noticed was because i saw some dust on my garage floor blowing around directly under the bike. when i ran my hand under there i can feel the blowing pretty hard. the amount of wind coming out of it made me think it was a LOT bigger, but its tiny.

should i even bother trying to have it sealed up? im assuming that it would need a small tack of weld on it?

brad

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
on the lower pipe on the muffler side just after the point where the front cover meets the rear muffler itself. its on the bottom and its a perfectly round tiny little hole about 1/8" in diameter.

the only reason i noticed was because i saw some dust on my garage floor blowing around directly under the bike. when i ran my hand under there i can feel the blowing pretty hard. the amount of wind coming out of it made me think it was a LOT bigger, but its tiny.

should i even bother trying to have it sealed up? im assuming that it would need a small tack of weld on it?

brad
I believe that is a condensation drain hole.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
I believe that is a condensation drain hole.
That's what it is. Most if not all bikes have them, otherwise moisture collects in them and they start rusting pretty quick. Most cars and trucks have a condensation weep hole somewhere on the muffler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts