M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me sell the concept to Thunder MFG.

If you want Forward Controls, respond to this.

I bent my left peg or braket today riding hard in some twisties. Not sure yet but will find out tommorow when I take take it to the dealer.

TAZ

·
Registered
898 Posts
I need them. 36" inseam. Not a choice its a must. I am sure whoever gets them done first will have a burst of initial sales to help make it more appealing.

khrome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
khrome13 said:
I need them. 36" inseam. Not a choice its a must. I am sure whoever gets them done first will have a burst of initial sales to help make it more appealing.

khrome
Krome13, tell me how far you want to go forward. I will be at Thunder next week to and will work on getting him working on them.

TAZ

·
Registered
898 Posts
raw_taz said:
Krome13, tell me how far you want to go forward. I will be at Thunder next week to and will work on getting him working on them.

TAZ
I need 3 " -Â 3 1/2 " range.

khrome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the idea but probably not the price. Most forward control sets are around $600. That is too steep for me. I am looking for an alternative to $600.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
toneout said:
I like the idea but probably not the price. Most forward control sets are around $600. That is too steep for me. I am looking for an alternative to $600.
$600 to $1000 depending on what you get. We are looking at two ways of doing it now. One is to move the stock controls forward a bit but the brake side may be a problem, the other is making our own controls from the scratch. This will put in in the $600+ range. ::) As soon as we put out some of our other fires we can getting moving on these and some risers with a little more pullback.

I hope to have my airbox back from the powdercoaters this week. :doorag:

·
Registered
898 Posts
I would be up for something that moved the stock pegs forward also... especially as a temporary fix to a good set of forward controls... I bought my last set for my roadstar while a sale was on for $400 ... So... I won't buy the first set that comes out if someone wants to charge and arm and a leg for them... but just like the corbin seats, i am sure there are some that will ::)

khrome

·
Registered
664 Posts
I might be interested in moving the controls say maybe 2-2.5" forward (34" inseem).... but do not currently have the extra money to pay for them... it will be a couple months before i can consider anything in that price range...

·
Registered
679 Posts
6'7" and would like to go about 4" or so forward. Would be willing to pay if they are nice looking and flow with the bike. Love the bike and this is the only mod that I NEED! The rest I just wanted :D

De-badged, Kuryakyn Stiletto grips and pegs, Kuryakyn mirrors, Bungee buttons (well 3 of 4, one of the nuts on the back is stripped need to get another today), Tank Bag.

Considering the engine guards to get some highway pegs out there until the forward controls come out but not sure if I want to go with that look.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I made my own, by simply moving the stock one's forward. I decided on going 3 inches forward & half inch down. Gotta cutting tool & a meg. welder? The hardest part is deciding how far forward you want to go :D. Theres just enough heavy cast metal there to accomodate a good 3 inches. Heck I could'nt be happier & did'nt pay a dime :bigthumbsup: to bad I still can't post my pictures but most have responded to my email :joke: [email protected] (no C in quik) ::)evryone seems to overlook the C thingy lol. I've also asked those who seen my pictures to go ahead & post them......... but they must be keeping this all top secret :joke: I'm sorry man.......... but I'm having fun riding the only 109 with extra leg room :D ..... next I'm making a 2 inch riser for the handle bars outa billet aluminun stock :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quiksilver said:
I made my own, by simply moving the stock one's forward. I decided on going 3 inches forward & half inch down. Gotta cutting tool & a meg. welder? The hardest part is deciding how far forward you want to go :D. Theres just enough heavy cast metal there to accomodate a good 3 inches. Heck I could'nt be happier & did'nt pay a dime :bigthumbsup: to bad I still can't post my pictures but most have responded to my email :joke: [email protected] (no C in quik) ::)evryone seems to overlook the C thingy lol. I've also asked those who seen my pictures to go ahead & post them......... but they must be keeping this all top secret :joke: I'm sorry man.......... but I'm having fun riding  the only 109 with extra leg room :D ..... next I'm making a 2 inch riser for the handle bars outa billet aluminun stock :bigthumbsup:
You have email at above address.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
very interested! I say a set on the Barons bike at Thunder in the Valley last month. (Johnstown, PA) When I called Barons they told me that they modified some existing hardware. Sorry, no pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts