M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I myself use engine guards & highway pegs on my 9. Seems that if you legs are that much foward it can be a lil tricky when you go over bad roads with alot of ruts n bumps. Where as if your pegs are somewhat under the center of the bike, you can stand up a bit to lessen the impact when you bottom out. Sorry just my 2 cents buttin in there. I also have long legs & its a lil bitter to have 2 docking stations for your feet. IMHO

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not sure if you have tried sitting on a bike that has them yet or not, but I would definately recommend it. I desperately wanted a set of forward controls too for mine, but then I got a chance to sit on a bike that had them and found out that they are way too far forward for me. I found that my legs were pretty much straight out to reach the controls. I am 6' tall too, so my legs are by no means short. Just my 2 cents as well...

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm 6'8" and went ahead and bought the Raw Design forward controls. They are simply awesome. They moved the corntrols forward about 3 inches and now I have room to relax. They are expensive but well worth the price. You have to remove your engine guards but I get compliments all the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed some Raw Design forward controls over the weekend (black anodized).

I'm 6'5 and have to say that only after alittle riding with the new forwards they were worth every penny! I should also note the I have the full cut gel seat installed as well.

Now it's time to replace the passenger pegs with a matching set. :)

Jim

·
Registered
735 Posts
I think that they are useless, unless you are quite tall or long legged (taller than 6'2 or have a inseam 34 inches or grater).
I am 6'5 and sit with my knees at a 90 degree angle when on the M109. I haven't yet been able to justify the expense of them and i'm kinda waiting for the Supreme Legends version. I certainly would have loved to have them when I rode to the Mid-Atlantic in June.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts