M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Do you guys know any machine shops around Charlotte, NC that can repair bent forks? Or any where I can get a used left fork as that's what need. Thanks

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
I would just try and find a used one or buy a new one. I have not heard of anyone straightening them up and most importantly guarantee that they were true.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just out of curiosity, what is wrong with your original one?
I had hit a pothole going around a corner, all damage is on the left side at least, had insurance issues so I'm paying out of pocket. The smaller tube is slightly bent, its not bad and I only noticed it when taking the bike apart.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would just try and find a used one or buy a new one. I have not heard of anyone straightening them up and most importantly guarantee that they were true.
Been looking for used, I honestly cant afford a new one at this time, the few used I have seen are already bent which of course isnt helping, I will of course keep looking I decided I can live with a dent or two and scratches as long as I can ride, and Ill just replace as I go.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I saw some forks on Ebay last night (one was Pinwall Cycles) don;t remember the other one, I think it was in Denver, CO. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
FYI

15:37 April 14, 2010
[Tony] STEVE'S CYCLE INC #2, Tifton, GA
(229)386-8666
BIKE: 2007 Suzuki VZR1800
PART: Forks
DESCRIPTION:
ZIP: 28110
have left side We have these parts for you call us @ 1-800-622-9253 8-5 est mon-fri or visit us @ www.stevescyclesalvage.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts