M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone taken their forks apart and is it very difficult to do? any pointers are welcomed!!!:D

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have had the 9 forks apart many times. Not easy if you do not have the correct tools/equipment. Hit me up if you need to know more.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have had the 9 forks apart many times. Not easy if you do not have the correct tools/equipment. Hit me up if you need to know more.
I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
757 Posts
has anyone taken their forks apart and is it very difficult to do? any pointers are welcomed!!!:D
I found a place to that will chrome my lower forks pretty reasonable. But the forks have to be completely disassembled and shipped. Several special tools are called for in the book. Can I make do without the special tools or easily fab the tools I need, or would it be best to take the forks off the bike and take them to the dealer for that part? I'd rather not pay anyone for something I can do, even if the cost of making the tools equal what the labour would've been. any input appreciated.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I recently had a fork seal done at the dealer. They charged me 1 hour of labor plus parts. It was about $100. I removed the fork and brought it to them. The tools you need could be made from tube material a little larger than than the fork tubes to drive in the seals. It was just easier to pay and get it done.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Your best off taking the fork/s off and carry them into a dealer. You need $$ in special tools.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts