M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. A little something new. Billet aluminum, chrome plated, etc. Takes a bout 1 minute to install and that's with a coffee break. Should be on the DLP site shortly.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
How do they attach?? and are you making one for the center nut as well?? :bigthumbsup: price??
I have a set of billet ones on Mary's bike that are just like that without a logo. Also have the center cap one as well.

I will check with the person that gave them to me to see who made them and where he got them from.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
The ones I have glue on with silicone! Works perfect:bigthumbsup:
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6256&str=290
the pic shows silicone around the edges but that's not the case at all.
I have the same ones but don't like them. They leave a gap to the fork tubes, unless you also have their fat fork tubes. The ones we have, like above, just set right on and there is a set screw that keeps them from coming off. They really are nice.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I have the same ones but don't like them. They leave a gap to the fork tubes, unless you also have their fat fork tubes. The ones we have, like above, just set right on and there is a set screw that keeps them from coming off. They really are nice.
I hadn't thought about the fat fork tubes. You would be correct sir! My caps would look like hell without the tubes!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I hadn't thought about the fat fork tubes. You would be correct sir! My caps would look like hell without the tubes!:bigthumbsup:
lol...thanks for the compliment on the way mine look :edit: :D I got them from someone at the meet a couple years ago for 20 bucks and figured "why not". Now I am going to swap them out and give them to someone who is going to buy some fork tubes. Yep, another Bigpapa give away. lol

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
lol...thanks for the compliment on the way mine look :edit: :D I got them from someone at the meet a couple years ago for 20 bucks and figured "why not". Now I am going to swap them out and give them to someone who is going to buy some fork tubes. Yep, another Bigpapa give away. lol
I'm glad you already know I didn't mean that last statement as a knock on your bike!:redfaced: You're name is Bigpapa for a reason!:doh:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
I have the same design on mine without the logo. I think they are Cycle House but I'm not sure. The mount with silicone and come out flush to the outside edge of the triple trees, so they should work fine with the fat fork tube covers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts