M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first service done with suz 10-40 blend oil,, still got the 'clunk and bang' from shifting,,cruising wally world today and found mobil 1- 20-50 v twin oil for 5.39 a qrt....what the hell ,,wtf ill give this a try,,,didnt change filter because it only has 50 miles on it from first service,,,drained BOTH oil plugs and dumped the mobil 1 in,,fired her up and took a spin....first noticed how much quietier the motor was,,no more of the little rattly things goin on !!! then i started bangin the gear box,,to my dis-belief of how much smoother and quiet it became as i rode more and more !!! dont get me wrong she still clunks but not half as much !! and ALOT smoother from 1st to 2nd !!! dont bash me im just stating what ive noticed in my bike and i will continue to use the mobil-1 v twin 20-50 if she continues to run like it did today !!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
No bashing from me I am delighted to hear about your experience. I've been thinking about Mobile 1 V-twin 20W50 and I was waiting to hear first hand how well it performs vs. 10W40. Did you buy your oil from a local dealer?

·
Registered
317 Posts
that works for me. sounds like 20-50 is the way to go. but is it just mobil 1 or does all 20-50 work better? anybody use amsoil 20-50 yet?

G

·
109RS said:
that works for me. sounds like 20-50 is the way to go. but is it just mobil 1 or does all 20-50 work better? anybody use amsoil 20-50 yet?
I switched to it when I did the 600 mile service. Have done 600 miles since then and so far, the shifting is less notchy but still clunks and the engine is much quieter.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I use Amsoil in every vehicle i own,2 bikes,2 cars and a riding mower.I swear by this stuff.

I use the 20-50 in my bikes along with the proper gear oil(cant remeber the weight) and it really smoothes out the engine noise's and the shifting(some what).Great stuff in my opinnion.

Mike

·
Registered
844 Posts
Amazing that you could get that stuff at Walmart!

·
Registered
906 Posts
The proper AMSOIL Gear Lube would be Product Code SVG which is a High Performance 75W-90 . There was a price increase July 1st and is now $8.50 per qt.

10W-40 is the recommended oil. AMSOIL has 2 10W-40 M/C oils. The M/C Specific oil, Product Code MCF, is $74.40 per case of 12

AMSOIL also has 2 20W-50 M/C oils. M/C Specific, Product Code MCV, is $77.40 per case of 12

Freight is about $8.75 for a case, no sales tax except FL if purchased directly through me.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I still have several qts of Amsoil gear lube from when back in my dealer days. I did a second motor oil change at 1200 miles and noticed the metal shavings were none existant on the drain plug magnets this go around. I used Repsol 10-50w full synthetic. I got it onsale at Cycle Gear along with a k & n oil filter, I love that nut on the end. shifting already feels better.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i use the mobil 1 mx4t 10w-40 and love it. by the way non-energy conserving. a little expensive but worth it. i think that mobil 1 v-twin stuff was primarily designed for harleys. i'll stick to the 10w-40 since thats what suzuki recommends. :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you read the link i posted its not for just harleys !! they dont have wet clutches !! and the book you got with the bike show several weights of oil depending on outside temps and 20-50 is rec for hot weather....

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
who pissed in your cereal? don't jump down my throat. if you read the book that came with YOUR bike it says suzuki RECOMMENDS...yes RECOMMENDS 10w-40 and if its NOT AVAILABLE select an ALTERNATIVE according to the chart(page 2-4). your little 20w-50 hot weather oil is an ALTERNATIVE to 10w-40. suzuki only recommends this oil if your in a pinch and cant find 10w-40. you should learn the facts before offering advice. what did we learn by all this...yes mobile is pushing this oil to harleys, as i see it in the dealerships. by the way, who said harleys have wet clutches?  ::)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:D hum,,,sounds like your the one with the red arse !!! i was just simply stating what worked for me,,,, if the bike runs smoother,shifts better and alot quietier,wouldnt you think suzuki would have recomended 20-50 instead of 10-40 ?? maybe they should have, and i was not flaming you so take a chill,relax and enjoy this site and all the info you might get from it !!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
no harm no foul. i just didnt appreciate the way you came at me like i dont know about this bike or harleys for that matter. you have to understand when you come at somebody to insult their intelligence, you are gonna recieve some responses you may not like. i go by manufacturer recommendations in all my toys, which includes a harley. ive been on this site from the beginning and have learned alot. use the search feature so you can too. so welcome to the site and enjoy. have a nice day!  :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts