M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
i've heard of people doing this and i've also heard of kits already made up for motorcycles. i think harley sells a kit. i've been wanting one but i haven't gotten there yet. that useless passing light button is perfect for it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
That "useless" passing light button can be VERY handy in getting the attention of the absent-minded cager who is fixin' to pull out from a side street. Even if you use it for a door opener, I suggest you keep it "hot" for the headlight. Just might save your bike (or your life!)

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
As far as the pass light button goes, I like it :D

I have more than once used it on a dark country road, since when you pull it in with low beams on it will light both high and low beam at same time (make for a lot of light :bigthumbsup:)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm not going to disconnect it and its a good idea to have it but i never remember its there until I'm in front of the garage door. as for the cagers, its easier to expect them to do something stupid and avoid them then it is to provoke them with lights.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have seen people do this mod in the Sabre boards, and they put the control inside one of the side covers and install a weather proof push button from radio shack by drilling a hole on the cover and they car use it all the time without reaching to far...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.