M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this video. Yeah, it's a "if you gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough" video of some chick trying a wheelie, but the laws of gravity and kinetic forces are the same in any other crash too. Imagine if she hadn't been wearing a helmet or was only wearing a skully. Pay close attention to her head. Just something to think about.

http://www.pimpmymotorcycle.com/vid...s face on ground.mpg&sort=Date&skip=0&show=25

And this guy, who rolls down the road. Check out how he's basically rolling 'ON' his head.

http://www.pimpmymotorcycle.com/vid... rolls down road.mpg&sort=Date&skip=0&show=25

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am SURE those folks are probably big helmet advocates ........ yikes.

The gear looks kewl and it protects you , be smart and wear it.......

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re: For those who think you can prevent your head from hitting the ground in a c

Hmm...thanks medic. :eek: Women+bikes=duh. This is exactly why I keep my woman in the kitchen and off of the bikes.

Just kidding.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
OUCH!!! And this is why I don't own a rocket that makes it easy to ride wheelies. I would do them and would have a bigger chance of wrecking it doing something stupid. Atleast you have to work a little to get the front end up on the 109. :redfaced:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Re: For those who think you can prevent your head from hitting the ground in a c

Joshua_109 said:
OUCH!!! And this is why I don't own a rocket that makes it easy to ride wheelies. I would do them and would have a bigger chance of wrecking it doing something stupid. Atleast you have to work a little to get the front end up on the 109. :redfaced:
On your 109 perhaps :D

Mine does it quite easily now (Thanks Hal and Lamont :bigthumbsup: )

Its rather funny to see these as I just got back from dropping a large sum on new riding gear 8)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

wildwolf said:
Much easier, direct linked files (thanks for sharing):
Not sure how clicking your link is any easier than clicking my link, but ok. :p Besides, clicking my link lets others browse the site for other videos. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

pizzmor said:
Women+bikes=duh. This is exactly why I keep my woman in the kitchen and off of the bikes
Haha.... I bet your wife would have something to say about that one....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Medic1210 said:
Not sure how clicking your link is any easier than clicking my link, but ok. :p Besides, clicking my link lets others browse the site for other videos. :bigthumbsup:
Well, the first time I looked at the first video...it was very choppy...so I found the direct links so I could save 'em to the desktop to view w/o streaming, change size, etc. I have watched at least half a dozen more from the site..and no choppiness yet in them. Great site, thanks for sharing again. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good reminder of the importance of safety -- wear the gear and stay within your skill level.

For me bouncing in any gear is an experience I'd prefer to forgo and I pray the same for each of you. Hope the folks in the video are walking and riding again.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Yeah..you can watch 'em as they fly off.

I wear boots now...except on the commute to work. However, I've picked out a nice set of riding boots I'm hoping to get for my birthday...or Christmas.

·
Registered
414 Posts
WINGYS109 said:
On that second video did the guy not have shoes on or were they ripped off of him???? Damn, that would hurt!
No, he was wearing tennis shoes, to show his motorcycle abilities matched his brain power...

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

ITguy said:
Appears he started with tennis shoes but ended up barefoot. I bet he decided to invest in a pair of boots after that.
If you guys read that girl's account of falling off the back of her friend's bike, she mentioned that tennis shoes were worthless and were tossed off her feet almost immediately, causing severe tendon damage in one of her toes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am getting ready to go back to sportbikes and this is my minimal gear that i ride with ( ALWAYS)..
Yes the expensive shit is well worth the cost...

:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts