M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to put leds on my bike and something occurred to me. How do you mount the LEDs in the air filter housing and still give yourself access to the air filter for cleaning, service, etc? Extra Wire? Add a quick disconnect to the wire? Officially stumped.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
I added strips in mine. Main thing I did wrong is not having a disconnect. PUT ONE IN. It will save you a lot of trouble in the long wrong. I ran the strip around the bottom V part of the backing plate.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes sense. BTW, Len, got my covers today! They made my wife cry.(still miss Simone...) Beautiful work!

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
That makes sense. BTW, Len, got my covers today! They made my wife cry.(still miss Simone...) Beautiful work!
That's great that they mean something. Thanks and I hope you enjoy them. They do look sick with LED's behind them. Good luck.

Len

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
i use quick disconnects on mine have had them for 2 yrs now no problems

·
Registered
130 Posts
For all small projects on bikes or cars I use Deans plugs the were designed for RC cars and such. Get them at any hobby shop never had a problem they don't shake loose. I know they make auto specific but had them laying around and just tried em out works great. Hav. All LEDs wired with them for quick disconnect

·
Registered
766 Posts
thanks for the post. Ducks made me some really special covers and am planning to install tugboats multicolored leds now. Now I now better.
Between the covers and the leds, and the fact that black is the fastest even with gears problems , what can I say, I got me the best bike in south america:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Len did a great job for me as well (chrome mech with white out line). I use quick disconnects to get the cover off/on when I need to. :bigthumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts