M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for not getting this sooner but here is the info on the plate. I didn't order it from them but if you get ahold of Hal he can surely beet their price. I used the version for the sport bike that is thinner and an expansion type plug to hold it in. I was looking at my kury front axel covers on the vtx. They use a wedge bolt similar to the old goosenecks on your bicycle. That would work even better.

http://prostreetdesigns.com/shop2/p...id=47&osCsid=2c6760e7f32f5b0db02dd94c2faff292

·
Registered
209 Posts
Those look really nice. I can't believe how much a few pieces if metal welded together costs. :joke:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
thanks for posting this. finally, a curved sidemount without a light!!! fits vtxoak's bike perfectly. yeah, they seem expensive, but this one is the cheapest i've seen. i saw a billet aluminum one for a harley priced at $700. that's not the norm, but it just shows how rediculous some of this stuff is. the cheapest i've seen was $150, with the average beeing around $300.

hal, think you can get these? the linked site looks kinda sketchy for a source. in fact, it looks reeeeal sketchy. only offer a few products, theres no information about the company, and no contact numbers whatsoever...only a way to take your money.

vtx, is there a product name or part number that might help me finding another source?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It really fits around the hub nice and you could always add a led if you need light for $10. The trick is finding an expansion bolt or wedge like I described. I also used the bar ends that sport bike guys use to run the bolt through and it looks pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts