M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are gonna go on a long trip in August (NFLD). Just want to tell you something we are doing.... we are traveling very light. Gonna take backpacks. We figured a good way to take clothes is to put them in.....

Vacuum Storage bags... it reduces clothes to 75% less and they are waterproof....

I think it is a sweet idea.....

Thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
Have fun !

Hope you have a good time !
If you ever come to N.B., let me know !

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck and enjoy, were leaving for Laconia Sat 12th. Good talking to u that day.
It was awesome talking to you that day too...:bigthumbsup:

Nice to meet fellow 9'r's in NS.

Wanted to do Laconia too but decided Newfoundland .... couldn't afford both.

Have fun though!!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Or you could ship your clothes UPS to where ever you are staying and travel even lighter and you can ship your dirty clothes back home, and if you buy anything you can ship it back with your clothes.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Or you could ship your clothes UPS to where ever you are staying and travel even lighter and you can ship your dirty clothes back home, and if you buy anything you can ship it back with your clothes.
We used to do that years ago. Make sure you let the place you're staying
know that there will be a package arriving...possibly before you get there.

Jeff / Foo

·
Registered
319 Posts
What happens after you take the clothes out of the vacuum bags?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bags have zippers on them. You will need a vacuum to seal the clothes back in the bags again though.

G

·
I take some older clothes that are just about ready to be tossed. And 1 good set. Then I'd throw out stuff along the way and end up with just the clothes I was wearing by the time I got home.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I take some older clothes that are just about ready to be tossed. And 1 good set. Then I'd throw out stuff along the way and end up with just the clothes I was wearing by the time I got home.
What if your trip goes 1 day longer?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts