M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The instructions with the Arnott show how to mount the manifold on the left side. Well, what they never planned for was that alot of bike have a PC3/V (or other fuel management) mounted in that location---which it came make it difficult to mount the manifold there. Mounting of the manifold can be done on the right side with little effort. Obviously one of the major issues now would be routing of the air lines---specifically the compressor line. The simple fix is to swap the fittings. The compressor is shipped with a straight quick disconnect fitting, and the manifold has the 90 degree fitting. If you swap them (remembering to apply some teflon tape to the threads), putting the 90 degree on the compressor, the line routing is so much easier. You will use no more amount of line than if it were to be mounted on the left side. Also almost no where for it to rub against, even with the loom covering. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have one coming from the DLP group buy... can you post a couple of pics of your manifold mounted, etc.? I also have the PCIII mounted on the other side.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one coming from the DLP group buy... can you post a couple of pics of your manifold mounted, etc.? I also have the PCIII mounted on the other side.
I will do that, but give me a day or two. This was not done for me, but for another members bike I have right now for all sorts of work.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The instructions with the Arnott show how to mount the manifold on the left side. Well, what they never planned for was that alot of bike have a PC3/V (or other fuel management) mounted in that location---which it came make it difficult to mount the manifold there. Mounting of the manifold can be done on the right side with little effort. Obviously one of the major issues now would be routing of the air lines---specifically the compressor line. The simple fix is to swap the fittings. The compressor is shipped with a straight quick disconnect fitting, and the manifold has the 90 degree fitting. If you swap them (remembering to apply some teflon tape to the threads), putting the 90 degree on the compressor, the line routing is so much easier. You will use no more amount of line than if it were to be mounted on the left side. Also almost no where for it to rub against, even with the loom covering. Hope this helps!
thats is a good tip

·
Registered
961 Posts
Good tip futurR

I mounted my manifold on the left side still but move it to the inside of the bracket so my PCIII could still sit on the outside of it... Took removing the braket though and welding on a stud..
L.T.T.

You weld a stud onto what? I have the same configuration PCIII on the left side and the exhaust actuator on the right, I can get the air compressor in with the actuator but I didn't think it would be an issue for the left side with the PCIII.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Taking that relocation tip to another level:

Mount the compressor under the left-rear drive-cover and mount the manifold to the top bolt for the rectifier.

It looks tight, but it all fits in there neatly.

With my 'trunk' consuming everything under my seat and my alternative headlight, I have needed to be creative with where to mount everything.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Taking that relocation tip to another level:

Mount the compressor under the left-rear drive-cover and mount the manifold to the top bolt for the rectifier.

It looks tight, but it all fits in there neatly.

With my 'trunk' consuming everything under my seat and my alternative headlight, I have needed to be creative with where to mount everything.
Pic"s please

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Pic as promissed:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
That's awesome, ingenuity at it's best, I do have a question though. Are you feeling comfortable with the location from the elements, water, debris,etc? I haven't received mine yet so I can tell from the pics of yours and others how durable the compressor is. I know on cars they are usually installed undercarriage. Will it be safe from water if you wash your bike, get caught in the rain. I would like to mount mine the same way if it's safe to do so. I have Siebel horn, power block, and air ride to install. I already have PCIII and HID light installed. I just need your opinion, thanks.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
That's awesome, ingenuity at it's best, I do have a question though. Are you feeling comfortable with the location from the elements, water, debris,etc? I haven't received mine yet so I can tell from the pics of yours and others how durable the compressor is. I know on cars they are usually installed undercarriage. Will it be safe from water if you wash your bike, get caught in the rain. I would like to mount mine the same way if it's safe to do so. I have Siebel horn, power block, and air ride to install. I already have PCIII and HID light installed. I just need your opinion, thanks.
Keep in mind that the area under the seat is not water tight either and though it looks exposed in the picture, I had to take 3 covers off to get there.

Mine has been in that location for over a year of washing and getting caught in the rain way too many times. The only water-related problem I had was with the relay, which ironically, I had mounted under the seat area, but that was just a matter of mounting the new relay so water could not collect in it and wrapping it with water sealing tape.

Arnott also makes the air ride on my Hummer and everything for that is fully exposed on the under-side of the truck from the factory.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Keep in mind that the area under the seat is not water tight either and though it looks exposed in the picture, I had to take 3 covers off to get there.

Mine has been in that location for over a year of washing and getting caught in the rain way too many times. The only water-related problem I had was with the relay, which ironically, I had mounted under the seat area, but that was just a matter of mounting the new relay so water could not collect in it and wrapping it with water sealing tape.

Arnott also makes the air ride on my Hummer and everything for that is fully exposed on the under-side of the truck from the factory.
Thanks Man, :bigthumbsup:

I really appreciate your input, you have helped me a lot with installing the compressor in the lower frame, I can now put my horn on the right side now. Can I PM you for more details?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Thanks Man, :bigthumbsup:

I really appreciate your input, you have helped me a lot with installing the compressor in the lower frame, I can now put my horn on the right side now. Can I PM you for more details?
Sure, you can Pm me when the time comes.

Also, if you want to save space with the horn, try removing the stock horn and fitting it in that location. Works out great and no space is lost. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts