M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, I am glad they are doing something, but this is not far enough. They all should be fired, including the chief.

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - In a news conference Saturday afternoon, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department demoted three officers who were the top ranking officials at the scene after the fatal accident involving Officer David Bisard.
Asst. Chief Darryl Pierce, Deputy Chief Ron Hicks and Commander John Conley were all demoted to their merit rank (the rank they held before becoming IMPD top brass).
Mayor Greg Ballard, Public Safety Director Frank Straub and Police Chief Paul Ciesielski were all in attendance at Saturday's press conference.
Ballard said his main concern is the public confidence of the department and that officers must be held to the highest standards.
Straub said that he will be relentless in the pursuit to reform the police department after incidents of excessive use of force, misconduct and other inappropriate behavior. He went on to say that he will not tolerate that type of behavior.
A review by an executive research firm will help in the assessment of procedures and training inside the department.
Ciesielski said that members of the leadership failed in this case. While the leadership didn't prevent the accident, it could have prevented the failure in the investigation.
Stay with 24-Hour News 8 for updates on the story as they become available.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It is good to see them actually do something about it, but you know for dam sure if the media wasn't around like it was 20-30 years ago nothing would of happened. The media is good for something.

·
Registered
573 Posts
It still won't change anything. They will put some new idiot in charge and they will play the same old game that has always been played. "Protect your own and serve yourself". Do you ever notice that the only time anyone honors a police officer is when there killed in the line of duty? Maybe if cops would be held to their oath and a " ZERO " tolerance code implemented, then tragedies such as this would be avoided completely. Get rid of the stupid union and just do the job. Is it really that hard?

On the other hand. If the courts would stop letting lawyers bail out criminals then a cop wouldn't feel like a pawn in a revolving game of stupidity.

Where do we start? Police? or Lawyers?

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
It still won't change anything. They will put some new idiot in charge and they will play the same old game that has always been played. "Protect your own and serve yourself". Do you ever notice that the only time anyone honors a police officer is when there killed in the line of duty? Maybe if cops would be held to their oath and a " ZERO " tolerance code implemented, then tragedies such as this would be avoided completely. Get rid of the stupid union and just do the job. Is it really that hard?

On the other hand. If the courts would stop letting lawyers bail out criminals then a cop wouldn't feel like a pawn in a revolving game of stupidity.

Where do we start? Police? or Lawyers?
:agree: 100% :agree:

but i do like the option of paying a lawyer to fix my speeding tickets....

i guess im playing on both sides of the fence here......:dontknow:

·
Registered
877 Posts
kinda thinkin out loud but IF the officer would have been killed in accident would he have gotten the 21gun salute(i think thats what they do)???he was drunk @ time & on duty right???just curious...dont want 2 offend n e 1,if im effed up 4 sayin let me know i'll take post off...again just curious...ride safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts