M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get the torque specs on the oil drain plugs, oil filter, and gear oil plug. Much appreciation in advance. I will owe you a beer if we ever meet :)

·
Radio Active Member
27,688 Posts
I would not think that there are no torque specs on those things.  The manual states that you tighten the oil filter by hand, then turn two more revolutions with there wrench.  I am picking up my manual soon.  Hope this helps.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The only time I've ever snapped a plug was when using a torque wrench. :redfaced:

Not really sure it is necessary. Just "common sense tight" should do it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Changed oil 3000 miles ago without torque specs and nothing broke, and nothing leaks.  Common sense helps.  You will want a cap wrench to get the filter off though.  It's in a position where it's difficult otherwise.  Didn't have one and ended up having to use a strong belt and a vise grip, but there's not much room to maneuver.
I'm waiting on K&N oil filters from Directline parts as they have a nut on the outer end and will make changes easier.  I'm hoping Hal ships soon as next change is eminent.

Jerbear

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, just checking the oil is way too complicated. I wanted to make sure there wasn't any oddball bit of info concerning the plugs. Thanks, for the replies.

·
Registered
817 Posts
300CREW said:
Well, just checking the oil is way too complicated. I wanted to make sure there wasn't any oddball bit of info concerning the plugs. Thanks, for the replies.
Only thing I'd recommend is to order a supply of crush washers from your dealer.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already have them :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts