M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
It was me doing at least part of the bitching about relocating the switch.  And yes.... very cool mod.  8) But what if you want to start for a warm up and walk away. Will it stay running?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have just bought a made in china vmoto 125 cc Scooter, and it comes standard with a push button remote start.
One button starts the engine, and the other is for the alarm.
Problem comes in when you leave your remote at home in the garage and go for a ride.

·
Registered
131 Posts
ARSE unit...ROFL!
I like that sound.

But seriously. When your behind gets disconnected to the seat, what happens?
Theoretically it would be a good thing if you slam against something with your bike and make the big double salto, that the bike would shut down its engine before it steamrolls your body against a wall!
On the other hand, when that card gets damaged in your back pocket (and it would have to endure lots of strain on a bike, right :D ) the bike would simply shut down in the middle of a necessary acceleration process :eek:

So I am all for the good old key system.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think a remote start would be sweet...

In a group of bikes... imagine out of nowhere.... she turns on... starts up... and starts rumbling...

To everyone's disbelief, you walk up... sit on her... stick the key in... and ride off....

Jaws dropped as everyone is like WTF was that?

LOL :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
the add says remote keyless ignition not remote starter,It only turns on the key,you still have to hit the ignition button :bigthumbsup:
That is why I said a remote start would be sweet ;)

Seeing our bike crank up in the middle of a group of HD people admiring it... would be hillarious!!!

:)

·
Registered
195 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
the add says remote keyless ignition not remote starter,It only turns on the key,you still have to hit the ignition button :bigthumbsup:
That's right. Besides that your bike wont start in gear and who leaves there bike parked out of gear?? Not me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts