M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I went to the dealer yesterday and ask about the Drive shaft cover for the '07 models. The Suzuki website says they are supposed to come with the bike. Well the dealer didn't know anything about that and the 2 '07's (one red and one white) that were on the floor did not have them either. I went to the service department and again noone knew abou this. So they called Suzuki, again Suzuki did know what to say, BUT because the website says that this is a new feature for the 2007 models they ordered me one at no charge. So I would hurry down to your local dealer and have them order the cover before Suzuki takes it off their website. Hope this helps you all.  :p :p

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

New Features
New cylinder head cover, secondary cover and drive unit cover now feature chromed metal contruction for a high quality finish.

Here it is form their site.

G

·
Hollywood said:

New Features
New cylinder head cover, secondary cover and drive unit cover now feature chromed metal contruction for a high quality finish.

Here it is form their site.
I saw that too, but was looking for a pic.... :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Other than what I originally posted. I can't find anything else either. I think that is why Suzuki had no idea about it either. I think they just wanted to get the '07's out as fast as they could, posted some "New Upgrades" and released them to the public. These "New Upgrades" aren't much if you ask me, but they are different.

:doorag:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
The "Drive Unit Cover " is not a drive shaft cover..................it is the chrome cover that is below the side panel where the "M109R" emblem is, that covers where the shaft goes in to the transmission.

G

·
Well, if they gave you a drive shaft cover, then good for you :bigthumbsup:

I will have to hurry and get mine before they catch up to it...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bonehead said:
The "Drive Unit Cover " is not a drive shaft cover..................it is the chrome cover that is below the side panel where the "M109R" emblem is, that covers where the shaft goes in to the transmission.
That's what I thought to. But the dealer said that is what the "secondary cover is". I'm not well versed in motorcycle language, but hey I'll take someting for free if there are willing. :evil:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looks like you got one over on the dealer.

The site says, "New cylinder head cover, secondary cover and drive unit cover now feature chromed metal contruction for a high quality finish."Â Meaning those three items are the same thing, except instead of being chromed PLASTIC, they are now chromed METAL.Â

The "drive unit cover" is not the drive shaft cover. See the picture below.

Hope the dealer doesn't realize this before you get the piece.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cdaniel76 said:
Looks like you got one over on the dealer.

The site says, "New cylinder head cover, secondary cover and drive unit cover now feature chromed metal contruction for a high quality finish."Â Meaning those three items are the same thing, except instead of being chromed PLASTIC, they are now chromed METAL.Â

The "drive unit cover" is not the drive shaft cover. See the picture below.

Hope the dealer doesn't realize this before you get the piece.

That's what I thought. I guess the dealer is confused too. He told me the secondary cover was both pieces. Oh well, I'll make sure I post pics when it comes in. :p :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hollywood said:
That's what I thought to. But the dealer said that is what the "secondary cover is". I'm not well versed in motorcycle language, but hey I'll take someting for free if there are willing. :evil:
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Great! Suzuki Cust. Serv. reads this website every day so good luck now! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts