M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks back i took the bike in for a tire change and the same time i figured have them check out the judder issue. needless to say they told me it was a clutch alignment issue. They soaked the clutch plate in oil before they reinstalled everything. for a while it was working great! now the judder is back.. i know there's the bluey fix.. but dont have the know how to take the project on.. i guess i can go back to the dealer and complain..

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,036 Posts
Or keep pulling it apart and resoaking the plates. :D

I don't know why some do it and some don't. I normally just let the clutch out and go, but I've tried launching it hard with a lot of clutch slipping and it still doesn't shudder. I let it warm up a little before leaving and always hold the clutch in at stops. Maybe holding the clutch in at stops helps, as the plates are open a little and some oil can get between them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its crazy that this is such a pain in the ass. the only reason i spent 1300 on up grades this years was because i thought the judder issue was gone.. i hate to say this but now i feel like selling the bike.. hence the title for my loss..

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Don't take it apart for that
Do as Zoom said about clutching
or
lean the bike over to the right till the right foot peg hit the ground-hold it there for a few seconds
do this a needed

my "Judder" went away over a year-ago after I start using Amsoil synthetic motorcycle oil

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
clutch plate get warped easy if you hold the clutch in at the lights. It makes for higher temps in the clutch.

Don't give up Reg, this is small. Get the new clutch with all new plates and springs. call me and we'll go over it.

G

·
clutch plate get warped easy if you hold the clutch in at the lights. It makes for higher temps in the clutch.
Where did you get that nonsense? If your clutch is adjusted properly and is not dragging when pulled in, it will not warp. As mentioned before it will allow more oil to circulate around the plates, thereby cooling and lubricating the clutch. Any possibility of warpage would come from abusing it and overheating it prior to pulling in the clutch.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Where did you get that nonsense? If your clutch is adjusted properly and is not dragging when pulled in, it will not warp. As mentioned before it will allow more oil to circulate around the plates, thereby cooling and lubricating the clutch. Any possibility of warpage would come from abusing it and overheating it prior to pulling in the clutch.
It was the nonsense that was given to me when I had to replace mine. And my shudder went away so I didn't have reason to dispute it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :joke: The shop he went to said his clutch looked trashed to anonther rider. I'm thinking if it's true he needs a new one. I'm just trying to advise my friend Reg what worked for me. I was told that over heating came with heavy traffic conditions. I had 18k on my stocker and saw no reason not to change it. Better then stuck on the side of the road. Just my .02

G

·
It was the nonsense that was given to me when I had to replace mine. And my shudder went away so I didn't have reason to dispute it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :joke: The shop he went to said his clutch looked trashed to anonther rider. I'm thinking if it's true he needs a new one. I'm just trying to advise my friend Reg what worked for me. I was told that over heating came with heavy traffic conditions. I had 18k on my stocker and saw no reason not to change it. Better then stuck on the side of the road. Just my .02
The overheating in traffic killed your clutch, not pulling it in a stops. Pulling it in and letting oil get in there is the only way to cool it down. Letting it sit there closed with the engine heat soaking in and baking it even more, would only make it worse. It may not have been preventable either way. But don't pass on every bit of info some shop tech tells you till you check it out. This site is full of situations of shop techs giving us BS just to make it our fault that the clutch goes bad when we all know it's a design weakness.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I hold the clutch in at all stops almost 11,000 no shudder.holding the clutch in will not increase temp would decrease with more oil circulation on the plates.

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
There has been no positive cure for it. It is just the nature of the beast. Some have it some don't, no rhyme or reason for it.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Reg, my has done it a few times my has done it warm. Most of the time I let the clutch out with almost no gas. Seems like it doses it when in a hurry and the rpm are up a little :dontknow:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I find the shifting is much smoother if I let it warm up at least five min. before leaving. If the temps cool (less then 70) i'll give it ten. Makes a big difference.

·
Registered
497 Posts
clutch issues. I dont know how many of you are familiar with Slider or lock up clutches. Have run a lock up on my 95 GSXR for years. I've just barely got my 09 broken in but i can definitly feel the clutch shudder on a hard launch. So decided to email kevin at MTC to see if they have anything for the 9's or if he would be willing to work with me to come up with 1. I'll keep all informed. Maybe a nice improvment over stock if they have something.

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
clutch issues. I dont know how many of you are familiar with Slider or lock up clutches. Have run a lock up on my 95 GSXR for years. I've just barely got my 09 broken in but i can definitly feel the clutch shudder on a hard launch. So decided to email kevin at MTC to see if they have anything for the 9's or if he would be willing to work with me to come up with 1. I'll keep all informed. Maybe a nice improvment over stock if they have something.
People have tried there springs with little to no difference. I honestly think a big problem is lack of oiling. I have never seen a wet clutch plate come off of a 9. But please keep us updated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts