M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Hal...A Happy Camper/Tire Arrived

Talk about good service....Direct Line Parts sets the example! Last Thursday I called and cancelled a Dunnie Elite 3 250/40-R18 which was on national back order for several months ( not DLP's fault ). The lady I talked to was really nice and assisted me with crediting my account and then giving me the best price on a Metz ME880 280/35-R18 tire. She informed me that they were currently out of stock on the Metz but to expect the tire in about six days. Sure enough the Big Brown Truck just stopped and dropped off the 280 :D :D :D....the tire is awesome as was DLP's service. Hal...kudos to you and your staff....you have a "World Class Organization" :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: For Hal...A Happy Camper/Tire Arrived

Would love to see some really good pictures once you have it mounted! Thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts

JMBJ said:
Would love to see some really good pictures once you have it mounted! Thanks
pics are one thing... lookin for a RIDE report....mjm

·
Registered
696 Posts

omega... i repeat:

aceventura said:
pics are one thing... lookin for a RIDE report....mjm
how about it... how is the ride/roll over/transition/...etc......tia...mjm

·
Registered
240 Posts

It's a huge improvement, you got much more contact patch all the way over till your grinding the peg, thats the downside, it's a whole lot easier to grind'em now, and my hero blobs are removed :D
The only thing about it that might meet with some skepticism is the fact that the last quarter inch of sidewall doesnt arc with the shape of the rest of the tire, it drops straight off vertically, but this is good, cause even in a lowside you could never ride off the tread on this tire like the 240 would.
So I'll say with certainty it's a much safer tire to run on our bikes, it also feels lighter than the dunlop.

As you can see from the pic, I'm ALL the way over to the ends of this baby, I tested the waters gently at first but after about an hour I was railing turns in ways that would have been impossible with the 240.
Would have been a great OEM tire, mage would have had a whole different opinion about the handling.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts

OMEGA said:
Would have been a great OEM tire, mage would have had a whole different opinion about the handling.
OEM won't put a tire on a rim that is 1.5" smaller than what is called for by the tire manufacture. ::)

·
Registered
696 Posts

OMEGA said:
It's a huge improvement, you got much more contact patch all the way over till your grinding the peg, thats the downside, it's a whole lot easier to grind'em now, and my hero blobs are removed :D
The only thing about it that might meet with some skepticism is the fact that the last quarter inch of sidewall doesnt arc with the shape of the rest of the tire, it drops straight off vertically, but this is good, cause even in a lowside you could never ride off the tread on this tire like the 240 would.
So I'll say with certainty it's a much safer tire to run on our bikes, it also feels lighter than the dunlop.

As you can see from the pic, I'm ALL the way over to the ends of this baby, I tested the waters gently at first but after about an hour I was railing turns in ways that would have been impossible with the 240.
thanx "O"... that's the kind of info i was looking for..... as far as oem... maybe at least the 260.... but.. Zuki.. wasn't steppin up to an upgraded tire like the metz in the 1st place... hey at the price point that we paid for these bikes... i would have spent a few 100 more for better tires going in.....stay safe...mjm

·
Registered
696 Posts

Lamonster said:
OEM won't put a tire on a rim that is 1.5" smaller than what is called for by the tire manufacture. ::)
Lam.. whats the "size dif " for the 260???...mjm

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts

aceventura said:
Lam.. whats the "size dif " for the 260???...mjm
A 260 still goes on a 8.5" rim. A 280 goes on a 10" rim and a 300 goes on a 10.5" rim.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts