M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never saw them personally(nobody in my country have them) so I would like to know what is your experience and opinions. Especially I'm Interested in what could be made better.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Maybe better bags in functionality but not in looks and following the 9's lines......I totally agree on being overpriced....

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
they do look good i will not deny that.

one thing i forgot is that there isnt a ton of space in them. i thought that there would have been more.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Wish they had a set for debeavered rear ends too.
Love how snug they fit.

G

·
There is always a compramise between functionality, style, and price. If you want to carry the most stuff for the least cost, and you don't mind that it looks like somone hung a Samsonite on the side of you bike, there's plenty to choose from. If you want something with good lines, snug fit, that doesn't look like an afterthought......Corbin's it. If you use some for-thought and pack things to make use of the nooks and crannys of the sculpted shape you can get alot in them. They're solidly made and mounted. I have a slight issue with the paint as it seems to be too brittle. It chips easily. That can be, and is usually, due to the particular gel coat batch having too much hardener. It would not be a consistant problem on all of the bags. Yes, their prices are way too high. But until they have some competition and or people stop paying their price, they're able to charge what they want. But there are deals to be found. I got mine with the bike when I bought it new from the dealer. I paid less than MSRP out the door with them on. It was a leftover 07, bought in 08, and I know how to bargan. For adding them, find a dealer or aftermarket shop that has some in stock. If they've had them sitting around for a while they'll drop the price to move them. Or wait till there's a big sale. 20% on a big ticket item like that is a pretty good chunk of change. And there are some used ones available from time to time too. Corbin has sales and factory seconds from time to time as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the answers :bigthumbsup:

pynikal: pleas can you tell me what's wrong with latching and locking system?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts