M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for recommendations / opinions for a decent pair of riding boots. Comfort, durability, safety, breathability... ya' know.. things like that.

Also, best place to purchase... Web or store, doesnt matter to me.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got one pair with a taller heel (1-1/4") and they scrap a lot in the corners.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just bought a pair from "Icon" and they are great. Very comfortable and very sturdy. They tend to run about half a size to small so be aware of that. It is the Super Duty 2 Boot!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Congratulations PP. This is your 1000 post in this website. :bigthumbsup: Now I see where the Widow name come from.... :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
bowdman said:
Just looking for recommendations / opinions for a decent pair of riding boots. Comfort, durability, safety, breathability... ya' know.. things like that.

Also, best place to purchase... Web or store, doesnt matter to me.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
I wear these new composite toed boots from Converse: http://desert-gear.com/cotaboc8sw8c.html
They call them "Swat Boots" and they are much lighter than a steel toed boot.

Chuck
Phoenix, AZ

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I wear GBX Barker "Roach Stompers" from Kohls.

Excellent footwear and comes in Black or Brown..

They make a bunch of different models with lace, buckles, and straps... Take your choice...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bullie said:
Just bought a pair from "Icon" and they are great. Very comfortable and very sturdy. They tend to run about half a size to small so be aware of that. It is the Super Duty 2 Boot!Â
I have a pair of Icon boots myself and would recommend them to others.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Picked up a pair of Justin Ropers from Academy for $50. They work great and have a short heel.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Their not not bad at all here in Houston. Hell it gets so hot it doesn't matter on the footwear choice cause yer feets is gonna sweat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
DHandyman said:
Those boots I'm guessing, are nice and comfy and not overly warm in the Arizona heat bro? Thinking if thats the case they might not be to bad here in Texas either 8)
They're not nearly as hot as the steel toed boots that I've worn in the past.  The metal in steel toed boots conduct so much heat that it takes
them a very long time to cool down. The big thing though is that they are significantly lighter and that makes a huge difference at the end of the day.

-Chuck

·
Registered
600 Posts
BigBoreBiker said:
I'd hate to mess up the nice white toe rubber on that shoe when shifting :eek: :D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have a pair of 'Alpinestars' which I don't like on the 109....they have a ramp from the sole to the heel which makes it hard to feel where you are on the peg. (Have had a few "air skiing" experiences when my foot has slipped off.) Want to get a pair of boots with decent grip for manoevering the beast (backing up etc) and positive heel step for peg location.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts